Help With Alnutrin & Liver Please

3toomany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Salut gang,
I just got my Alnutrin and could use a hand deciphering the instructions so I know how much of what to add.

"32g of Alnutrin Meat & Bone and add to 3628g of ground raw meat & bone with organs (including liver)"

So how much of that 3.6kg is bone, how much is organs? Do I need multiple organs? I emailed Marta a while back and was told I only need to add 2-5% liver, no other organs. I feel that info conflicts a little with the packaging.

I used to do my own prey model raw with 7%bone 4%liver and 4%kidney but since moving, sourcing organs around some of my cats' protein source intolerances is difficult (one can't have beef) hence going with Alnutrin. (I've also used EZcomplete but it's out of my budget, being in Canada.)

If I do 7% bone, 2% liver, the rest muscle meat, for the Alnutrin, that's good?
I have a small rabbitry starting up so sometimes I have kidney (but very little) and I can get beef spleen for the cats that can actually eat beef, so can add 2% of that as well...

Thanks for reading ♡

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
since no one has answered yet, I would l think you would do the meat, bones and organs the way you always did before, only double up on the liver if you can't source any other organs, you should be good to go. Some people follow an 80 - 10 - 10 guideline (80% muscle meat, 10% organs, and often that is JUST liver because other organs are hard to source, and 10% bone)

I think the 2% liver you are suggesting is too low. I would do a minimum of 5%, since as far as I can tell, there is no liver or other organ in the Alnutrin. When I used to use it, I bought my meats already ground with the organs and bone included, so didn't have to concern myself with the percentages :) Not sure if you have that luxury up there in Canada or not.