Help! What Is This On My Kitty's Back Foot?!

BritishSimba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All!

I am hoping someone can help me identify what this is on my kitty's back foot. I just noticed it today and will make an appointment to go see a vet, but wanted to see if anyone else came across anything like this. It is a very hard like bump/scab, mostly yellow in color and crusty. It looks like a wound that is healing. I didn't notice any other symptoms. Please see pics. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
B.S.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like a healing scrap to me. When you feel it does your cat react? Does it feel like a scab (attached to the top layer of skin but not extending below the surface if you apply pressure and move the skin around a little)? A vet visit is always the best option with unknowns. Even little scraps can turn into abscesses with how quickly cats heal. I went in with a known cat fight scrap recently and got a preventative antibiotic shot just to be on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BritishSimba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply! He doesn't really react when I touch it. It feels like a solid hard bump/scab. It does seem to be attached to the top layer of the skin. It is also a bit crusty.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds very much like a scratch. Since you don't know what from the safest route is a quick vet visit and antibiotics to ensure no infection develops.