Help ! What breed is my cat?

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ! I adopted Moshi about 2 weeks ago..
The breeder claim its a Persian mix . But didnt stated what mix it is.. Here are some pictures of him from 3.5 weeks to 7 weeks..Inclusive the parents picture. Could you kindly tell me what breed is he ? How will he look when he grow up ? Will it be longhair , furry etc.
Thank you so much in advance.View attachment 343077

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Parents seems to be fairly purebred. So he is tooo a fairly purebred persian.

Im not sure if daddy is longhair. He was perhaps shaved recently?

If he is shorthair, it may be because he is mixed with a shorthaired cat, OR because he is an Exotic, whom are essentially shorthaired persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if Dad is recently shave .. Probably it is not being taken care off..And use for breeding only. Mom looks more of Persian i guess..
Thanks btw

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute baby!

Parents are both relatively flat faced, so they look like they are either purebred, or close to purebred Persians.

Your kitten appears to be longhaired. His coat will get longer as he grows, so be sure to get him accustomed to being groomed while he is still young, and try to always make it an easy and comfortable experience for him, so that you will not have to struggle when he is an adult :)

I agree with StefanZ that Dad's coat looks a little short in the picture, but I'm guessing Dad is actually longhaired and his coat is growing out from being shaved, because he has such long ear furnishings (hair inside the ear).

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thanks.. at least the explaination help me to understand..
LOve long hair kitten/ cat so much.. Hopefully he grows to be fluffy and hv a longhair.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet looking kitten.
I would be curious to know what they are mixed with, since all three look like the real deal.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's possible the seller said "mix" only because there are no papers to verify pedigree status.

He/she said a Persian mix and the OP was wanting to know what the baby was mixed with. Wouldn't it have been easier if the seller had just stated purebred but no papers?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He/she said a Persian mix and the OP was wanting to know what the baby was mixed with. Wouldn't it have been easier if the seller had just stated purebred but no papers?
Maybe the seller didn't feel sure about the purebred status of the parents and didn't want to misrepresent the kittens to buyers by claiming they were purebred.

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have asked the seller regarding this .. They said the parent are Purebred , just without papers ..
But why isnt the hair/fur “ very long” ? Like pure pedrigree kittens ? Hmmm.
I paid exorbitant price for him .. Ist because he is still a kitten and only 7 weeks old.So it dont shows?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have asked the seller regarding this .. They said the parent are Purebred , just without papers ..
But why isnt the hair/fur “ very long” ? Like pure pedrigree kittens ? Hmmm.
I paid exorbitant price for him .. Ist because he is still a kitten and only 7 weeks old.So it dont shows?
If you google seven week old Persian kitten images you will see that he looks exactly like the others- coat and all. He is the real deal.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old was he when you brought him home? If he's only 7 weeks old now, and you've had him for two weeks...... Is this breeder really sending kittens home with new owners at 5 weeks of age?

Or am I misunderstanding your messages and he is still at the breeder's house?

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes u are right.. i took him home when he was only 5 weeks old.. he is now 7 wks..its at my place now not the breeder

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes u are right.. i took him home when he was only 5 weeks old.. he is now 7 wks..its at my place now not the breeder
I don't see how you can look at both of his parents and doubt that he is a purebred. He was too little at five weeks to go to a new home and the breeder should have known better. I hope you love him and treat him well.

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
.. We will definetely love him and take care like our own son. No matter what he grows up to be..❤

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sold you a five week old kitten? They sound like horrible people who only care about money, not about the well being of their kittens. I hope they got the parents fixed but I doubt it, either a bad backyard breeder or a kitten mill. I wouldnt even call them a breeder to be honest, that's just horrible people who only care for the money. I hope you have another cat at home or another kitten to help the little one learn manners otherwise they can have loads of behavioral issues as they grow up unfortunately. Its why all good breeders keep their kittens until 12 - 14 weeks old and generally have them vetted to. The kitten may be a purebred but I'm not sure if the dad is a purebred or a mix. That could be why the kitten was a called a mix instead of purebred. I wish you could report people like that, animal cruelty laws suck. Im glad he got a great home, but I am sorry that the "breeders" thought so little for their kittens and their owners.

Papa Jalil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i must agree with you.. This backyard breeder only know to make money.. its partially my fault too, supporting this type of breeder. But i cant help , we fell in love first time we saw him. Especially my wife.. If only they could be more responsible ..

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i must agree with you.. This backyard breeder only know to make money.. its partially my fault too, supporting this type of breeder. But i cant help , we fell in love first time we saw him. Especially my wife.. If only they could be more responsible ..

Dad is a purebred, he is an exotic short hair. Chances are that they took the kittens from mom so that she would go into heat again :mad: I am so happy this little guy found you and your wife.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad is a purebred, he is an exotic short hair.
I don't think he is an Exotic SH, more likely a Persian whose hair is growing back from being clipped short. Notice his long ear furnishings. Many (if not most) Persian breeders periodically clip the coats of their breeding cats, to reduce the amount of grooming required.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We understand how it is to fall in love with a kitten! As you know, buying kittens from this type of breeder is what keeps them in business. Responsible breeders place kittens no younger than 12 weeks of age. It is a bad sign when a breeder sells extremely young kittens (8 weeks or even younger). Next time, you will know better! In the meantime, take good care of your new kitten. He looks very handsome, and hopefully he will be healthy. Have you set up an appointment at your vet for his first vaccinations and checkup?