help water dish freezes before cat comes to get food

mike5361

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im in upstate NY, the feral cat lives under a building in a closed hassidic jewish camp 1/4 mile away from where i live, i have to leave dry cat food so that it wont freeze, so i also leave it water. but the water usually freezes before the cat arrives. i try to leave the food at the same time each day so that it will come as close as possible to the time that i leave the water.

is there such a thing as a heated water dish that runs on batteries? i cant trespass into the camp to run an electric cord and the and the electricity is most probably shut off anyway. i googled "battery heated dish" and got nothing.

i leave the food and water at around 4:00 in the after noon each day and check in the morning to see if it got its food and water and if the water is frozen, the last time the cat  got its water was 3 days ago.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mike5361

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for the link, i ordered the snuggle safe microwave heat pad from amazon.com expedited delivery. its seems like it must be a marvelous invention that it microwaves in 7 minits and gives off heat for many hours.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use them all the time.  I usually nuke two and put them under the straw of my outside cats' beds.  They are nice a cozy warm - even in this frigid weather.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have electricity close to mine, and have a heated dog bowl for water. The funny thing is it's cats and birds that use it!