Help The Kitties At My Local Rural Shelter!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Tift shelter posted this today:

They said that they just sent 50 cats to rescue last week but they keep getting more every day. 😭

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't forgotten. My monthly grocery shopping trip is delayed until Monday (I am NOT shopping here on the 4th of July weekend, that way lies madness!), but will be sending each a bit then, when I know how much money I have left in the budget.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel pretty helpless looking at those pictures. All I can do is post here, and advocate online for spay/neuter and TNR. I saw one of the cats they posted has an ear tip. Could have been an owner surrender, but if someone picked them up off the street then they likely already had someone caring for them. 😢

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Got the donations off. Wish it could have been more. THANKS for posting a way to send directly!

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got the donations off. Wish it could have been more. THANKS for posting a way to send directly!
Thank YOU! I know the kitties will appreciate it. Hopefully the shelters will post when they receive the donation. If not, can always message them on Facebook and ask. 😄

chipmunk-kim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ll be moving to an area with a severely underfunded shelter soon. They do their best but right now is tough. COVID makes it harder. There’s a cat hoarding situation in town that is getting more and more out of hand, with the shelter refusing to take the cats unless they’re quarantined for two weeks, as many of the kittens and queens removed from the premises have died of panleuk. They don’t have the space to quarantine them there, so a tiny private rescue with even less funding is tryin to handle it.

I sympathize with the lack of funding. I hope animal shelters get a break soon. Legislation improving their funding would be great.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don’t have the space to quarantine them there, so a tiny private rescue with even less funding is tryin to handle it.

I sympathize with the lack of funding. I hope animal shelters get a break soon. Legislation improving their funding would be great.
Maybe you can create a thread for the tiny private rescue here, especially if there are links to social media.