Help The Kitties At My Local Rural Shelter!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties Just wanted to let you know that I just ordered some things for those poor kitties. I ordered the mouse toys , the bowls, pack of blankets , small cat stockings , and Meow Mix dry food. I don't think they will receive the items in time for Christmas, but am sure kitties will enjoy it when they do receive them. I feel so sad for all kitties that dont have homes and people who truly love them. I try to help out when I can. I do my best as I love all kitties.
My own kitties could use some new blankets, but I don't worry. I know they are fine while so many others are not.
My heart goes out to all those poor kitties.
I hope they get homes soon.
I do hope my donation will help some. I will let you know when I get e mail the items were shipped. Card will say gift from Gloria.
Hope I helped those kitties even just a little!
THANK YOU so much! :rock::heartshape::cutecat::lovecat::catrub:

I will make sure to post a picture when they get your donation! It will be greatly appreciated.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so very welcome!
Wish I could do more.
Just hope my donation will bring some happiness to those poor , precious kitties.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:santa: Just a Christmas reminder about these kitties! :santa:

If anyone wants to send them any supplies here is the link: :happycat:Amazon Wish List for Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County (GA) Humane Society :happycat:

Or, if you would like to send them something that is not on the list or some Stretch and Scratch pads, their address is in my previous posts on this thread.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another alert, I wasn't going to post again but the shelter posted on Facebook this morning that they need wet food for the kitties! :jawdrop:

If anyone wants to donate any the link to the Amazon wish list and their address is listed in my previous posts.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties Hi! I did receive an e mail that the Meow Mix dry food was shipped and was delivered last Saturday. Then , received another e mail stating that the mouse toys was shipped and should be delivered by this Saturday. It looks like amazon is shipping the items separately. I haven't received any more e mails from them. I had ordered a few items for those kitties all on the same day. I don't understand why they weren't shipped together. I just hope the kitties receive all that I ordered for them.
Let me know if they did indeed receive any of the items yet. I was happy to get things for them and do want them to have them.
Amazon at times is very slow with delivery.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey thank you! I will check with them to confirm they got the food. They should post pictures when they get the toys and other items. :)

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties Okay thanks!
Will let you know if I receive any more emails from Amazon.
Maybe the other items will be with the mouse toys. Let's hope so!
Remember , the card amazon encloses should say gift from Gloria.
That is how you will know the item is from me.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties I just wanted to update you regarding the items for the shelter kitties.
I just logged into amazon to check the status of the orders. It states that Meow Mix dry food was delivered last Saturday. The mouse toys should be delivered this Saturday (actually later today). The other three items should be delivered by this Monday ( the blankets, kitty stockings , and the bowls). I don't know why items some items were shipped separately, as I did order all of them together on same day.
Just hope the shelter receives them all and the kitties enjoy.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw that changing from the friskies prime filet variety pack to chicken and turkey variety pack was quite the deal so I'll probably order that. 40 count.

Last edited:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Edit, looks like the shelter deleted their post about needing wet food. Thanks everyone for sharing and donating!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties Just an update. According to my emails from amazon , all the items have been delivered. The meow mix dry food last Saturday , the mouse toys this Saturday that just passed , and the remaining three items (the bowls , blankets and kitty stockings) were delivered today.
Hope the kitties received the items and are enjoying them!

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update this to say that the shelter did receive the donations Loving Mickey Loving Mickey and kittyluv387 kittyluv387 . :)

They didn't send pictures but did say they received them and I know the kitties are appreciating them. :purr:

Thanks again for donating to this rural shelter! :heartshape:

On a happy note here are some kitty updates from the shelter (in chronological order):

And if anyone wants to donate, here's the link to the wish list: Amazon Wish List for Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Humane Society

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should trade out the small litter pans for these. This is what the shelters here use since they are small enough for kittens (2") and are easy clean since they are stainless steel.

ok, why doesn't the link work? I'll try a picture.
41f0i8yNFqL.jpg

Last edited:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should trade out the small litter pans for these. This is what the shelters here use since they are small enough for kittens (2") and are easy clean since they are stainless steel.

ok, why doesn't the link work? I'll try a picture.
View attachment 270404
Thanks for the suggestion! I thought of those the first time we went to the shelter and the cats had overflowing tiny storage containers and leaky cardboard boxes as litter pans.
I added those to the list. :cutecat:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A quick alert, the shelter posted some things they need!

The cat flea prevention/treatment is on the list already. I added Dawn dish soap, paper towels, laundry detergent, and pedialyte.

Here's the link to the list: Fitzgerald Ben-Hill County Humane Society - Cat Wishlist

Something else that the kitties enjoy but that the shelter doesn't ask for are the Stretch & Scratch pads. These allow them to relieve stress when in a cage.

If anyone wants to donate any of these here's the link (they aren't on Amazon so I couldn't add them to the list there): Order Scratchers Now!

When you check out on the stretch and scratch website just put in the shelter's address and they will ship the scratchers there, you can find it on their Facebook (Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Humane Society) but I will paste it here too:

Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Humane Society
106 Lions Park Rd
Fitzgerald, GA 31750-8883
United States

Thanks for reading! :hearthrob::redheartpump::lovecat::hearthrob::redheartpump: