Help The Kitties At My Local Rural Shelter!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
los Angeles shelters have like 434 cats available. Total overflow. These Kitty's deserve love.
It is a terrible thing nowadays. Even dog rescue groups are reporting increasing numbers of dumped and abandoned dogs and puppies. Spaying/neutering is the only answer, if we can get enough towns, cities and residents to get on board.

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called animal rescue and they said they come and pick up stray dogs but cats no.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!

So I haven't been able to go back, but the shelter finally sent a picture of the scratchers kittyluv387 kittyluv387 donated! :heartshape:So we finally have proof they are there. Here it is:

They also posted about it on their Facebook here:I'm not sure why they said they were donated by the Wiley Family (which is us), we told them that it was from a person on a cat forum. o_O

Thank you again to kittyluv387 kittyluv387 for donating these!!! I know the kitties must be appreciative. :)

Just a reminder. . . as a county shelter they always need donations and any will help no matter how big or small! :redheartpump:
:redheartpump:

You can sort the Amazon Wish List from price low-high or just scroll through until you find an item that is the amount you are looking to donate. Things that they don't have much of are toys and medicine. But they often run out of essentials like food and litter as well.

The kitties also love the Stretch & Scratch pads. The last time we went, they had some, but this time they were gone (used up). These give them a way to relieve stress when in a cage. If anyone wants to donate any of these here's the link (they aren't on Amazon so I couldn't add them to the list there): Order Stretch & Scratch Pads

When you check out on the Stretch & Scratch website just put in the shelter's address and they will ship the scratchers there, you can find it on their Facebook page but I will paste it here too:

Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Humane Society
106 Lions Park Rd
Fitzgerald, GA 31750-8883
United States

If you donate and want to know that the shelter got your items, just let me know (either message me or post here) and I will get a picture from the shelter to confirm the donation was received and update you with it.

Thanks so much for reading and if you can donate the kitties would appreciate it!
:lovecat::happycat: :dancingblackcat:

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for sharing that about receiving stress. I think that item was missing from mY kitty's last cat hospital visit. I think her time in the cage freaked her out she has lost all her snuggle skills.
Good luck with your continuing good efforts.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kitties also love the Stretch & Scratch pads. The last time we went, they had some, but this time they were gone (used up). These give them a way to relieve stress when in a cage. If anyone wants to donate any of these here's the link (they aren't on Amazon so I couldn't add them to the list there): Order Stretch & Scratch Pads
Whoops, sorry. Don't know why I included "The last time we went, they had some, but this time they were gone (used up)". They have some now that were donated. This is just in case anyone wants to donate more.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reminder everyone! This rural county shelter is still there and taking in cats/kittens every day! :help:

They always need donations and any will help no matter how big or small! :redheartpump:

You can sort the Amazon Wish List from price low-high or just scroll through until you find an item that is the amount you are looking to donate. Things that they don't have much of are toys and medicine. But they often run out of essentials like food and litter as well. And with the weather turning cold, beds and heating pads are appreciated! All are on the list. Anything you order from it will be shipped straight to the shelter!! :banana1:

The kitties also love the Stretch & Scratch pads. These give them a way to relieve stress when in a cage. If anyone wants to donate any of these here's the link (they aren't on Amazon so I couldn't add them to the list there): Order Stretch & Scratch Pads

When you check out on the Stretch & Scratch website just put in the shelter's address and they will ship the scratchers there, you can find it on their Facebook page but I will paste it here too:

Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Humane Society
106 Lions Park Rd
Fitzgerald, GA 31750-8883
United States

If you donate and want to know that the shelter got your items, just let me know (either message me or post here) and I will get a picture from the shelter to confirm the donation was received and update you with it.

Thanks so much for reading and if you can donate the kitties would appreciate it!
:lovecat:

Last edited:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just FYI everyone, I just updated the list with some more medicine, warm blankets, and holiday toys for the kitties.:heartshape: Now you can give the kitties a holiday themed :gift: if you so desire!

Here's the link again: Amazon Wish List

(And to whoever donated, :rock: :catrub:) Thank you so much and I will make sure to post when the shelter gets the items! :hearthrob:

Last edited:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another bump! :santa: Let's blast this rural shelter with supplies this holiday season! :santa:

THANK YOU again to the previous donors!

Here's the link again! :jump: Amazon Wish List for the Fitzgerald Ben-Hill County Humane Society :jump:

Hopefully I will be able to go back soon and get some more pics of the kitties!

(And I promise, I won't post about this again for another week--unless I go back LOL :D)

:happycat::happycat::happycat:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I know I promised I wouldn't post for another week.....but I lied. :biggrin:

I HAD to post because the shelter posted some pictures of the kitties!! (which is rare).

Here are the faces of just a tiny sample of the kitties you are donating to:

See my previous post for the link to the wish list and Happy Holidays everyone!

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another update....the shelter posted on Facebook that they need water bowls for the cats!!

So, I updated the Amazon wish list with some of those bowls. :hearthrob: :kitty::hearthrob:

If anyone wants to donate any the shelter would appreciate it! Any items you purchase from the list are shipped straight to the shelter. :heartshape:

Let's join together and send this shelter some much needed donations this holiday season! :cheerleader:

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anybody? Just another reminder that the shelter would LOVE some Christmas presents for their kitties! :redheartpump: :gift: :redheartpump:
Link to the wishlist is in my previous posts on this thread. if you order within the next 2 days Amazon will still be able to get the gifts to the shelter before Christmas!

If you donate make sure to let me know so I can get a picture once your items are received!

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is the LAST DAY to order from the Amazon wish list with delivery by the 24th! My local shelter kitties would love any of the items on the list. :lovecat3:

And remember, Amazon is still giving out a $5 coupon for pet supplies!

Here's the details from them:

"For a limited time, select customers with a pet profile qualify for a one-time discount of up to $5 on select pet products using code HOLIDAYPET18 at checkout. Certain product exclusions apply. The promotion is limited to one order per customer."

Link to the list:
Amazon wish list

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
8kitties 8kitties Just wanted to let you know that I just ordered some things for those poor kitties. I ordered the mouse toys , the bowls, pack of blankets , small cat stockings , and Meow Mix dry food. I don't think they will receive the items in time for Christmas, but am sure kitties will enjoy it when they do receive them. I feel so sad for all kitties that dont have homes and people who truly love them. I try to help out when I can. I do my best as I love all kitties.
My own kitties could use some new blankets, but I don't worry. I know they are fine while so many others are not.
My heart goes out to all those poor kitties.
I hope they get homes soon.
I do hope my donation will help some. I will let you know when I get e mail the items were shipped. Card will say gift from Gloria.
Hope I helped those kitties even just a little!