Help, Sudden Change, Cat wont go outside

freckles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Cat a Female *Tabby * allways would go outside and after a while would meow to get back in.

About a week ago. She quit goiing outside.

I made her go out once. When I got home she was in the garage and climed out and ran to the frount door.

When I try to open the door and get her to go out, She hisses at the open door. Or just wont go near it.

I may have to take her to the Vet.

I dont know whats wrong.

She eats cat food. And acts the same as allways otherwise.

I gave her some Worm medicine a couple days ago.

She still will not go outside. And brefore she liked to go Outside and back in in a few hours.

Help

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couple things, first of, sounds like something scared her. If she doesn't want to go outside why make her? It is so much safer for her to be kept inside. Please don't make her go out if she doesn't want to.

Another thing is the wormer, could have made her feel funny, diarrhea, gas, vomit or something. I hope it was from the vet and not an over the counter wormer, those can do way more harm then good.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your lucky that your cat doesn't want to go outside. Most cats do and will do anything to get out.Keep her inside and know that she will be healthier,and less likely to die at a young age due to accidents, predators, cars ect. No cat fights no worrying when shes outside. Cats are much much safer inside.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, it sounds like something scared her. You may have a new stray/tomcat around, and he is establishing his territory, and possibly even marking your yard. I would let her stay in if she wants to.
I have 2 that HAVE to go out during the day, one that likes to, and one who has only been out about once in the last month. Just let her do what is comfortable for her right now, to avoid problems later on. The tomcat/stray may get between her and her house, and then you REALLY will have a problem when he won't let her back in her yard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

freckles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Yep, it sounds like something scared her. You may have a new stray/tomcat around, and he is establishing his territory, and possibly even marking your yard. I would let her stay in if she wants to.
I have 2 that HAVE to go out during the day, one that likes to, and one who has only been out about once in the last month. Just let her do what is comfortable for her right now, to avoid problems later on. The tomcat/stray may get between her and her house, and then you REALLY will have a problem when he won't let her back in her yard.
Because it was about then that She started acting like that.

All the people set off all that stuff all night about every night out in the street. That is about when this started
(Of course could be wrong thats what it is)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be glad you have a smart cat who doesn't want to go outside anymore! Cats face too many dangers to be roaming outside.

I'm sure something really scared her out there for her to not want to go out again. Be thankful for that!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fireworks like that would probably do it
. At least she came in to you, instead of running off to hide. She may change her mind later, but I would let her decide, and not make her. She sees you and the house as a safe spot, and that is a great thing
!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

freckles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had the Door Open and She stood at the Door Looking out for 20 or 30 minutes.

Finally She went outside for a Hour

And came back in