Help- Ringworm Outbreak!

MulitcatMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was told that I should create a thread here about my situation. One of my adult cats broke with ringworm the day before I had to go on a trip half way around the U.S. I returned this morning and now half of my cats have spots on their ears- I have a total of 9 cats ( I just lost one of my babies suddenly this week and am still trying to get through that loss) I am trying now to really freak out because I know ringworm is not the end of the world but I would really appreciate any tips,advice, or guidance. I can not isolate the - everyone has already been exposed. I have two expensive cat trees- one Kitty Mansions and one Refined Feline so I HAVE to figure out a way to clean them without throwing them away! Should I buy a steam cleaner for the entire house? I am currently using the meds from the vet but lime dipping is also not an option- some of the cats would never allow it. Thank so much

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get Rescue spray cleaner for fabrics and your cat trees. You will most likely have to give oral meds to everyone, get Delectable Lickables and put it in there. Divide a packet among 4 cats or so. If YOU get a lesion get some athlete's foot cream or any good antifungal and keep a band-aid over it to stop the spreading. It's not the end of the world, but it is hard to get rid of. You will be sick of cleaning! There are many antifungal creams, wipes, and sprays on Amazon, just make sure it is for cats. Apply it to the lesions, and make sure you wear gloves. If you choose a spray, you will most likely have to soak a cotton ball and apply it that way, cats are really spooked by the spraying sound. I feel for you, all the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MulitcatMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get Rescue spray cleaner for fabrics and your cat trees. You will most likely have to give oral meds to everyone, get Delectable Lickables and put it in there. Divide a packet among 4 cats or so. If YOU get a lesion get some athlete's foot cream or any good antifungal and keep a band-aid over it to stop the spreading. It's not the end of the world, but it is hard to get rid of. You will be sick of cleaning! There are many antifungal creams, wipes, and sprays on Amazon, just make sure it is for cats. Apply it to the lesions, and make sure you wear gloves. If you choose a spray, you will most likely have to soak a cotton ball and apply it that way, cats are really spooked by the spraying sound. I feel for you, all the luck!
Thank you so much