Help!! Radcat Going Out Of Business And I Need To Make Low Phosphorus Food

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

I guess I posted this thread in a panic right after I found out that Rad Cat was going out of business and I really appreciate everyone's responses! I hope this thread helps someone else in the same situation too.

An update on my situation: I've stocked up on about 7 months of Rad Cat and my vet is going to create a tailored raw homemade recipe for me. I was so panicked that I completely forgot that my vet consults on homemade diets. :doh: This will be the best route for me to take since we can get some bloodwork done again in a few months and then assess the best way to go about preparing a diet for her.
This is an excellent idea, and your vet sounds amazing!
Does your cat like food in general and is she happy to try new things? If not, I'd do the home made diet ASAP and use the stocked up radcat to help the switch. Otherwise, you should be good to go. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an excellent idea, and your vet sounds amazing!
Does your cat like food in general and is she happy to try new things? If not, I'd do the home made diet ASAP and use the stocked up radcat to help the switch. Otherwise, you should be good to go. :crossfingers:
Thanks!
She is actually quite the little piggie and not too picky, especially when it comes to raw meat. I will definitely save some of the Rad Cat for transition, good idea!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how I never came across this, but Dr Pierson had us cut her recipe from 2:1 ground rabbit/boneless poultry, to 1:1 ground rabbit/boneless poultry. The bone is more dilute per serving, so I'm guessing we're at about 7% now instead of the standard 10%? I don't do math well; it takes me a half hour; I never invested in it I just listened to her.
Our situation was bladder related though, and not kidney or anything.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how I never came across this, but Dr Pierson had us cut her recipe from 2:1 ground rabbit/boneless poultry, to 1:1 ground rabbit/boneless poultry. The bone is more dilute per serving, so I'm guessing we're at about 7% now instead of the standard 10%? I don't do math well; it takes me a half hour; I never invested in it I just listened to her.
Our situation was bladder related though, and not kidney or anything.
Interesting! Any particular reason? I’m doing the 2:1 right now. But it’s true a lot of people on here do 7%. When did she recommend the 1 to 1? But yea if we assume rabbit is 15% bone then it does come out to 7.5% bone. Maybe I should do 1:1 in my next batch.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting! Any particular reason? I’m doing the 2:1 right now. But it’s true a lot of people on here do 7%. When did she recommend the 1 to 1? But yea if we assume rabbit is 15% bone then it does come out to 7.5% bone. Maybe I should do 1:1 in my next batch.
The thing with the 1:1 is working out the 3 lb recipe
I am stuck at 9lbs/9lbs (3*6)on the meat unless I want to make a huge batch. With the 2 boys this ends up lasting about 3 weeks.