Help pregnant cat

Cmwprj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure what day exactly but my cat has fallen pregnant sometime in July does anyone know how far along she is , she has been meowing the last few days and sleeping alot but still eating Like normal , her nipples are huge with white scabs on them she's been licking them alot Also the cat she mated with has started hanging around again ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cmwprj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have felt her kittens moving and have seen them moving over the last few weeks but her belly is very firm and tight now although I can still feel and see the kittens moving

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seems to be near! Has she droped, ie suddenly looks less big?

Holistic Cat Mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww congrats! Cats are pregnant for about 58-64 days. Around day 35e Belly will be visibly swollen, nipples will swell and turn pink by now if they haven’t already and you kitty maybe become more affectionate with humans, less tolerant of other pets.
Around day 42—49 cats may show signs of discomfort and restlessness due to uterus getting heavy and lower.Pressure on bladder may cause urine accidents.
Around day 56 restlessness will increase and your cat may wander the home or property looking for birthing spot. Now is the time to prepare a birthing box and put in a quiet private place such as a large closet or behind a bed. Somewhere where she can have privacy otherwise she will keep attempting to move them which puts them in danger .
Your Cat may howl or meow loudly due to discomfort.
Day 60—70
Labor begins, comprising 3 stages
Stage 1: cat will find nesting spot to birth in, may howl, lick vulva, refuse to eat
Stage 2: contractions begin and kittens are pushed through birth canal
Stage 3: placenta is expelled.

Pregnant and nursing Momma's need to be fed a high quality wet food that is for kittens or a properly made raw diet. She needs the extra calcium, vitamins and calories .

Cmwprj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she's in labour brownish water came out and she seems to be crying alot and pushing or straining I think she was having contractions all day today

Cmwprj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she's in her birthing box it's currently in my room near my bed should I move it to the bathroom? She keeps looking at me and meowing

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you think she’s done now? Are the kittens nursing? Give mom a dish of kitten formula. It will hydrate her and provide needed calcium.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes she's in her birthing box it's currently in my room near my bed. Should I move it to the bathroom? She keeps looking at me and meowing.
Keep it in the bedroom. Newborn kittens can't crawl on hard floors.

Edit: I missed the birth of her quintuplets. Congratulations!