Help? Pregnant Cat has Fleas

sadiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a small little pregnant kitty that has chosen to live out doors at my house.I named her Sadie because she has sad eyes and she is so sweet.But unfortunately someone moved and left several cats behind so I have been feeding them  for a few months now.Sadie gets special attention because she is the only female and is pregnant .I want to give her something for fleas as I do my indoor cat.I use advantage on him every month as directed to prevent him from getting any fleas.Should I give a little to Sadie to prevent her from being harmed by them.She lives out doors by my swim spa and she is almost ready to give birth and I want to make her as comfortable as I can.I would take her in but my other cat is really old and I just lost 3 cats in this past year.I do not want to upset him by bringing in another cat but I know I will have to eventually when it gets colder.I will take her to the vet and have her fixed so she will not keep having kittens.So the advantage is ok for a pregnant cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hi I have a small little pregnant kitty that has chosen to live out doors at my house.I named her Sadie because she has sad eyes and she is so sweet.But unfortunately someone moved and left several cats behind so I have been feeding them  for a few months now.Sadie gets special attention because she is the only female and is pregnant .I want to give her something for fleas as I do my indoor cat.I use advantage on him every month as directed to prevent him from getting any fleas.Should I give a little to Sadie to prevent her from being harmed by them.She lives out doors by my swim spa and she is almost ready to give birth and I want to make her as comfortable as I can.I would take her in but my other cat is really old and I just lost 3 cats in this past year.I do not want to upset him by bringing in another cat but I know I will have to eventually when it gets colder.I will take her to the vet and have her fixed so she will not keep having kittens.So the advantage is ok for a pregnant cat?
Yes, advantage, or at leasst   Advantage II shall be safe.   Also Revolution is OK - they do have versions for pregs and moms, use that.

Please, cant you take her in NOW?   Isolate her in her own room, tor example the bathroom if you odnt have extra rooms.    Or even a big dog cage or a pet taxi...  Its really the imperative at this stage of her and te kittens live.

Please consider this strongly.   Im sure you will find some workable solution.

Good luck!

[This was my post nr 11.000]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take her in but like I said I lost 3 cats in one year.One was 13,19 and the black cat in the picture was the last one that died on me on March 24,2015 in the vets room.He would of been 20 years old March 29th.So now I have one left and we really do not know how old he is because we rescued him back in 2004 off the streets.The heart ache is to much and the only reason I feed these out door cats is because they were left behind.But yes I have taking a special interest in Sadiegirl because of her condition.She is so sweet and I do have room for her but I do not want my Kittyboy to get mad or sad and die on me because I bring another cat into the house.He does see her on the front porch and has talked to her and she looks for him all the time at the door.I will have to take her in eventually but I want to make sure she does not have any fleas.I read here you can take a comb and go through her fur with that and dawn so I may do that because it is to stressful to give her a bath.I have a spare bedroom with it's own door to outside that leads to where she sleeps.I do have a large pet carrier I could put out there for her to have her kittens in but I do not know if she will get in it.I guess I will try the advantage and combing and the carrier for now.Feeling guilty from Florida.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I would take her in but like I said I lost 3 cats in one year.One was 13,19 and the black cat in the picture was the last one that died on me on March 24,2015 in the vets room.He would of been 20 years old March 29th.So now I have one left and we really do not know how old he is because we rescued him back in 2004 off the streets.The heart ache is to much and the only reason I feed these out door cats is because they were left behind.But yes I have taking a special interest in Sadiegirl because of her condition.She is so sweet and I do have room for her but I do not want my Kittyboy to get mad or sad and die on me because I bring another cat into the house.He does see her on the front porch and has talked to her and she looks for him all the time at the door.I will have to take her in eventually but I want to make sure she does not have any fleas.I read here you can take a comb and go through her fur with that and dawn so I may do that because it is to stressful to give her a bath.I have a spare bedroom with it's own door to outside that leads to where she sleeps.I do have a large pet carrier I could put out there for her to have her kittens in but I do not know if she will get in it.I guess I will try the advantage and combing and the carrier for now.Feeling guilty from Florida.
That sounds near enough for Sadies kittens to get conceived, and thus, Blackies soul had somewhere to wander into.  Sheer quasi philosophical speculation?  And how about the statistics??  I dont know, but I have seen quite a few such things happen, so I think its more than pure coinidence...  They tend to return, its just to have your eyes open.  THIS seems to be THE great occasion for you.

If you are worried your old resident will get stressed,  try with a Feliway adapter.  It  makes them feel more at ease, more harmonious...

But as you tell it, he sees her and talks, and she looks at him.   It doesnt seems hostile!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Stefanz thank you for your quick response.Yesterday I put advantage 2 on sadiegirl so I am getting her ready for her to have her kittens.I know there are no coincidence's and yes my husband and I both thought that we lost 3 cats and all of a sudden 3 cats show up around our house in the past year.But now I woke up this morning and heard a cat crying.I thought it was Dexter the cat that lives behind our house who visits daily.I walked around looking for where this crying was coming from and when I came around the corner where the swim spa is I seen a small kitten run from the feeding bowls.It had run under the steps that lead to the pool.When I looked under the steps I seen this cute little kitten who hissed at me.Of course by the time I woke my husband up to show him the kitten was gone.But I know if there is one there is more and they will return.It really upsets me that people do not take care of there animals.So I took a picture of sadiegirl today and I am going to ask around to see if she belongs to anyone before taking her in.For now I  put a large cat carrier out there with a pillow and blanket for her.I will upload a picture of her and you can see why I took such a special interest in her.Also I took a picture of my Kitty Boy who seems to like her from a distance.He looks for her just as she looks for him.So I will not know how he will respond to her until I bring her in.I just do not want him to get depressed and die on us because it could happen.Going to try to find out if sadiegirl belongs to anyone today by knocking on doors with her picture and maybe find the other kittens out there to.My husband said when the morning dew dries he will look for them in the woods behind our house.It is like a jungle back there and we have all kinds of critters and the kittens would not be safe back there.We need to find those kittens before something harms them.