Help please

Callumtracey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the last few weeks my 9 month old kitten, Simba has had a swollen lip that seems to come and go regularly, the swelling isn’t always the same, but his chin also seems to be dirty, I have been using Climbazol pads but the dirt isn’t clearing up, and the swelling came back a couple of days ago.
he seems his usual self, and enjoys a scratch under his chin still.
can anybody suggest what it could be looking at the photo?
we use regularly cleaned ceramic bowls, not plastic too and his food has not changed since we weaned him off of milk.
we took him to the vets a while back to be neutered but they said he had a heart mumour (he is a very stressed traveller) and didn’t want to risk the operation, so vets is a last resort!

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you checked his mouth to see if anything could be stuck around his teeth? Are gums nice and pink? A tooth problem could cause some swelling. I understand he is a nervous traveler but send the photo to the vet and try to get some pictures of his gums and teeth as well. Maybe the vet can advise whether he really needs to come in, meds or give you some helpful advice. I know you said his dish is ceramic but keep it really well scrubbed too. Bacteria do cause a feline type of acne. He sure is a beautiful kitty! Such a sweet face and beautiful eyes!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes please like Jcatbird Jcatbird has said send a pictures to the vet. With what you are saying it comes and goes it could be a rodent ulcer my boy has a flea allergy and any fleas on him even if I don't see them his lip comes up like that. It could be a lot of different things causing it. The vet should be able to advise you with some pictures of his lip/gums. Good luck hope you get your bonnie boy sorted soon.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like it could be a rodent ulcer or Eosinophilic Granuloma. They can be very painful and are usually treated with steroids.