Help please!

SpazCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just noticed this scab on the back of my cats leg.. I don’t think it bothers him, but he doesn’t want me touching it. I hardly ever pick him up since he doesn’t like it and didn’t notice it until today
FEF66303-4EB5-40F9-B375-ABDC5F1435AF.jpeg

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it's clean and dry I'd just let it heal. Maybe use a warm damp cloth to clean any litter from it and give it a few days. If it won't heal calm your vet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I noticed this is your first post. Is he an outdoor kitty? If so, he could have hurt his leg outdoors. If not, do you have any other pets in the house that he may have been playing roughly with or did you happen to notice if he rubbed up against something that could have caused the scab? Can you send the above pic to your vet and ask their advice?
In the meantime, there is an easy and soothing treatment for some, not all, skin abrasions from Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 you may want to try: Pododermatitis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpazCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I noticed this is your first post. Is he an outdoor kitty? If so, he could have hurt his leg outdoors. If not, do you have any other pets in the house that he may have been playing roughly with or did you happen to notice if he rubbed up against something that could have caused the scab? Can you send the above pic to your vet and ask their advice?
In the meantime, there is an easy and soothing treatment for some, not all, skin abrasions from Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 you may want to try: Pododermatitis
He’s indoor and we just moved to my new apartment. But he doesn’t act like it bothers him and I just saw him cleaning it.. I don’t have any other cats but I was staying with my parents and he was playing with their dogs