Help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She hasn't thrown up any more she is acting normal i gave her a few pieces of dry food see if she holds that down im taking donations i don't have money due to covid

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So far she hasn't thrown up infact she woke me up to eat i thought i was going to wake up to a dead cat i was so scared to sleep last night im praying she poops this out no more toys for her every noise i think shes gonna get sick

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hairball paste is in a tube and is near the cat food in any cat food section. It is formulated for hairballs, to help them pass easier through the digestive tract. I smear about a teaspoon on their front leg and they lick it off, smear it good into the fur or they shake it off! If the ribbon is cotton, it may dissolve. Cats have barbed tongues as you know, so anything, especially deadly dental floss, goes down, stuck on the barbs once it gets on the tongue because they are one way. Catts especially like floss, x-mas tinsel, and ribbons. As long as she is acting normal, eating drinking, and pooping she is fine. If she starts hiding, quits eating and pooping, you know what is going on so take her to the vet. It may take a few days for it to pass, the digestive system doesn't work that fast. Feed her more so she poops more, and give her plenty of water by setting cups around the house so she investigates and drinks. It is good you know what happened! You are not a bad cat mom, you are the mom of the equivalent of a two-year-old!
PS Accidents happen. I took my two year old daughter to my parent's house and she drank gasoline out of a coke bottle in dad's garage, thinking it was pop! talk about scared1 She was fine, but things happen in an instant!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Im crying im so upset at myself what about Vaseline someone mentioned it

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
It felt soft so it might be cotton im hoping it is

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She pooped last night she ate and drank this morning no poops so far i gave her wet food last night she threw that up so this morning i gave her dry food and she's held it down thank you every one for helping me out. I feel like a bad mom shes cuddle with me a couple of times too i love her so much it breaks my heart💓

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try not to be so hard on yourself, you in no way meant for this to happen. Hairball paste had Vaseline in it, petroleum any way. Vaseline may have fragrance. 5

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I can try to get some im just frustrated i dont have money to take her to the vet

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a clear Vaseline, give it to her, you can put some on her paw for her to lick. Or You can give her raw egg yolk (never egg white!), start with small amount, around 1/5 or 1/4 of one eggyolk, it has similar properties, it will make things move smother in the intestines. If she reacts good to it, you can increase the amount next day. Too much of it can give her a diarrhea and we don’t want it. And be patient, it took my cat 3 days to poop out long string - I’ve never been happier to see something orange in his poop :)

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She has yet to poop but she woke me up at 4 am to eat i mixed wet and dry food together hoping it will make her go