Help please

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Spooky just ate a ribbon im so scared what do i do i gave her wet food with some water in it im gonna stay up all night to see if she passes it i swear shes going to be the death of me i had to chase her by the time i got to her the ribbon was gone im scared
im such a bad cat mom

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not a bad cat mom! They're sneaky little buggars. It's a good thing you actually saw her eat it because if she does need a vet you know what happened and can relay that info.

That being said, all you can do is monitor and see if she passes it or throws it up. Be prepared to be on poop detail for a few days. If she seems uncomfortable at all, take her to her vet/ER vet. If she manages to poop the ribbon out but it gets stuck, take her in- don't pull it out yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
And i dont know how long the ribbon was im praying it wasn't long at all

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
Just watch her. She may have chewed it into smaller pieces. You're a good cat mama, you'll do whatever you need to to get her help should she need it!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you shes like a 2 year old gotta eat or put everything in their mouth its crazy what should i get for toys because she eats feathers too ive let her play with pipe cleaners she likes those.

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
My cats all eat any sort of feather too. I've had a lot of luck with the little poof balls and nice with the tails cut off. "Da Bird is a big hit too. However, out of all the toys I have for them, Dexter will usually play with trash. A pine pellet from the litterbox, a gum wrapper, etc....

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's throwing up what she's eaten, it's not going down and you could have an issue. I would keep an eye on her tonight and if she throws up again in the morning, get her to the vet immediately for an x-ray to check for blockage. If she starts acting lethargic or starts throwing up more frequently, then you will need to get her to an ER vet.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Im not going to give her any food until morning

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So i called the vet i dont have the money and if she poops out the string what do i do someone said you pull it out im like no you cant im freaking frustrated

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you have any hairball remedy to give her to help with the smooth exit? Hairball paste, Vaseline, or a bit of egg yolk/egg lecithin?

What was the ribbon made of?

It can take even several days before she poops it out, just examine every poop to check if it's there.

But if she's vomiting, that's not good. Is she otherwise acting ok?

Never pull the string out from her, let it pass on it's own. If it's stuck, you can cut it out but never pull it.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes acting her annoying self i can give her egg yoke i don't know what its made of i can find Vaseline but how do i give her that and what is hairball paste im just really scared i don't want her to die from my stupid mistake shes throwing up

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Im afraid to give her anything because she is throwing up