help please

blondie_xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well i found a kitten that is about 4 weeks old the other night. I brought her home today and gave her a flea bath. About an hour after this she fell asleep and has been sleeping for hours. I can't get her to stay awake, and when she tries to walk to falls over.
She did eat earlier today, but she hasn't slept much in the last 24 hours...could this be why she is sleeping so much; she's just really tired? Please any help would be appreciated.

noon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to get her to eat more. She's probably starving. Get her to the vet as soon as you can. There may be 24/hr vets in your area. She probably has worms etc. and is dehydrated/underfed. This can kill kittens (all of us really) if the situation isn't reversed in time. It's wonderful that you took her in. She would have likely died if you hadn't. You need to take her to the doctor as soon as possible. Best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondie_xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. She's alright now. She slept pretty much through the whole night. She is well hydrated , been using the bathroom normally. I think the problem with the food is that she doesn't like it. I am feeding her formula right now, so we are going to try wet kitten food. But we will also take her to the vet. Thank you, i was just so worried she wouldn't make it through the night.