Help Please With The Ink

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
wowee! That is so awesome, yay for inky!! and you!!!

Yes, yay for me on getting another cat- something like needing that like I need a hole in my head. :yess:

Thank you, walli. :)

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Tummy rubs are one sure way of showing complete trust. Not all cats allows tummy rubs.

Great to hear that he come out a couple of feet and retreat back in which is very normal. Keep praising him for coming out and keep assuring him while he's out. When he retreats back to the bathroom, just say 'It's ok, daddy's here'. All these done in a soft loving voice.

He may not be as brave as he should but it is only natural for him to behave this way even tough he is familiar with the place. As long as his trust level in you gets higher each day and you don't betray him, I guess he'll be as happy as can be coming out of the bathroom and retreating back in when he sense fear, which is ok, which could be his personality. Don't ask for too much when you get to belly rub him when most of us still can't belly rub our cats :lol:

Yea, Inky is slowly growing up on you and he sort of chosen you so please don't let him down.

I won't let him down although I feel as though I am letting some of my other cats down by adding another cat. As we all remember, I kinda of got stuck with Inky.

I never asked too much of Jeff when she was starting to trust me, never rushed her, and I will show Inky the same respect.

Yes, he is growing on me and I do care for him. He is family now. :)

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally get it, I brought in a Feral and a stray it has been very hard, still trying to tame the Feral
I wish I would have known your suppose to start them off in a small space.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally get it, I brought in a Feral and a stray it has been very hard, still trying to tame the Feral
I wish I would have known your suppose to start them off in a small space.

I don't know if that is truly what you are suppose to do but it has always worked for me. And its not too late either, you could always put your feral in a smaller more private area and work with him/her.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is in her own room and she has a catio, I will leave her there she gets stressed with change
we have made small progress and my Joey (the stray) is like a different cat these past couple of months
so I'm hopeful, he was very aggressive but has mellowed out a lot, hopefully in a couple months or so
we can start socializing again!
Inky is such a lucky cat!! poor guy had a rough life I'm sure!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She is in her own room and she has a catio, I will leave her there she gets stressed with change
we have made small progress and my Joey (the stray) is like a different cat these past couple of months
so I'm hopeful, he was very aggressive but has mellowed out a lot, hopefully in a couple months or so
we can start socializing again!
Inky is such a lucky cat!! poor guy had a rough life I'm sure!

Thank you for saying that about Inky. :) I think they all have a rough life- it is hell being a stray or feral cat. I am feeding four of them over at the parking lot where I got Ink from and now the female, who just had kittens, has not shown up for three nights, needless to say that I am very worried.

Great to hear the progress with your stray tom kitty and I know that the feral will turn around, no telling what she has had to go through before you got her. I know the boy kitty is Joey, but what is her name?

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her name is Walli, I was so naive about Ferals I thought she was somebody's cat when she was living in my yard.
I posted signs and listed her, and I got a call from a guy missing his cat Wally, so I kept calling Wally, Wally, hee hee
but she ended up being a girl so she is Walli, She is an older Feral and Joey is a younger stray.