Help Please My Neighbors Stole 2 Of My Cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeijin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A year ago I got a blonde mainecoon from my math teacher and a month after getting her we found out she was pregnant and gave birth to 3 kittens I was even more happy. The three kittens grew to be atleast maybe 3 months old and then the momma cat ran out of my window and she didn't come back. She ran out either because she went outside from time to time when my math teacher owned her but she never told me that so I never let her out, or she ran out because the kittens were getting too old and she was afraid she'd hurt them.

Well I made flyers and posted them everywhere and asked all my neighbors except for the one to my right. The reason I didn't ask the neighbors to my right is because I'm scared of them. Our neighborhood was quiet and peaceful until they moved in and played music at 1 am in their car really loud, and if you ever walk by their house at night you'll smell weed. Well one day I saw my momma cat under my trampoline I grabbed her quicky and brought her inside. She was very upset I don't know if it was because she didn't recognize me anymore or if she was always inside a cage at their house cause I used to hear cats meow all the time inside a cage at their house.

When I used to wait at my busstop which is in their yard I got visited by a cute little kitten. Come to find out the cat meowing in the cage was that kitten and there was another cat (which I think it was my cat). After grabbing the momma cat and bringing her inside we had her inside for a day but let her back out with a collar this time and notified the neighbors it was ours. (we made her an outside cat cause she attacked her kittens all the time.) well maybe another month goes by and the neighbors are caught by our other neighbors taking her back inside. I never saw her again and they moved away.

Now I have new neighbors and those kittens are all grown up and one of them is a momma herself. We have ( or had ) 1 gray momma cat, a blonde male cat, and sold one of the other blondes. Well recently the blonde male cat went outside and I haven't seen him since. Usually he'd be crying at my window to come in but hes not, which means that my new neighbors on the same side as the other ones have taken my cat.

I am getting fed up with my neighbors taking my cat, they don't think about the fact it could be someones cat. They don't take my other neighbors cat because its got marks from being outside but its the most friendly cat I've seen. The blonde male cat is cautious of strangers, no one other than me can go get him from the outside if he decides he doesn't wanna come in by nighttime. He'll run from them and hes hard to catch. Which means they somehow found a way to capture him or they didn't take him at all.

What do you think I should do I really need help this is urgent.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have the cats been to the vet? Rabies certificates, microchips, etc.? If not, it will be extremely difficult to prove ownership. Also, in the US most towns have an ordinance saying that the cat needs to stay on your property, so if the cat is on their property they may be within their rights to detain the cat (although they're supposed to contact Animal Control). Contact your local Animal Control office and see what the local ordinances say.

I would suggest having all the cats spayed and neutered (this will cut down on fighting) and keep them inside, or build a large enclosure in the yard so they can go outside but still stay on the property.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep your cats inside, and spay and neuter. They will all get along. Do you need help finding a spay/neuter clinic in your area?

You’re right that it’s urgent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xeijin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have the cats been to the vet? Rabies certificates, microchips, etc.? If not, it will be extremely difficult to prove ownership. Also, in the US most towns have an ordinance saying that the cat needs to stay on your property, so if the cat is on their property they may be within their rights to detain the cat (although they're supposed to contact Animal Control). Contact your local Animal Control office and see what the local ordinances say.

I would suggest having all the cats spayed and neutered (this will cut down on fighting) and keep them inside, or build a large enclosure in the yard so they can go outside but still stay on the property.
I am heart broken to tell you my neighbors never stole my cat, my mom found him dead on the road. I can't stop thinking about it. This has broken me thanks for trying to help though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xeijin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Keep your cats inside, and spay and neuter. They will all get along. Do you need help finding a spay/neuter clinic in your area?

You’re right that it’s urgent.
I am heart broken to tell you my neighbors never stole my cat, my mom found him dead on the road. I can't stop thinking about it. This has broken me thanks for trying to help though

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this.. so devastating :(

Out of respect, we lock threads when a cat has passed on. Please do feel free to post in the Crossing the Bridge forum when you are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.