Help please. My cat's cone was too short and he damaged the neuter incision.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you in a position to call and ask the vet about this product and if it would be safe to use? There should be no expense involved to just talk to the vet's office and tell them what is going on, perhaps they would recommend something else instead. And, then you can try to get your parents to let you buy whatever the vet recommends.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet but I think I would try the chamomile tea first? it's anti fungal, anti bacterial, safe if he licks it and will help ease discomfort. You'd just gently dab it on, although not right on the red area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you in a position to call and ask the vet about this product and if it would be safe to use? There should be no expense involved to just talk to the vet's office and tell them what is going on, perhaps they would recommend something else instead. And, then you can try to get your parents to let you buy whatever the vet recommends.
I'd try the chamomile tea first, it's anti fungal, anti bacterial, safe if he licks it and will help ease discomfort. You'd just gently dab it on, although not right on the red area.
I just asked my parents, they yelled at me and said they won't spend any more money on the cat. I'll check and see if i have any of the tea.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Eventually things will work out. There is a product called panalog you could use but that is through a vet, and it doesn’t sound like our parents will go for that.

Do you mind me asking your age? Just curious. I am sorry you got yelled at.

I know you love your kitty and want to help him, but really, there isn’t anything to do here. If he scratches it open, it will heal again. It looked good in the pic you sent. Try not to stress too much. Easier said than done, I know.
Be happy that he is inside with you and safe.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eventually things will work out. There is a product called panalog you could use but that is through a vet, and it doesn’t sound like our parents will go for that.

Do you mind me asking your age? Just curious. I am sorry you got yelled at.

I know you love your kitty and want to help him, but really, there isn’t anything to do here. If he scratches it open, it will heal again. It looked good in the pic you sent. Try not to stress too much. Easier said than done, I know.
Be happy that he is inside with you and safe.
I am 13. And yeah, my parents have completely refused the idea of a vet. I'll try my best, and I'll keep monitoring and posting pics. Thank you so much this has helped me a lot

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know it’s hard when you don’t have the control to make decisions etc. I wouldn’t tell you I think he will be fine if I didn’t. I am not vet but I have worked in vet hospitals for decades. I truly think everything will be fine. He is a very lucky cat to have you as his friend!

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know it’s hard when you don’t have the control to make decisions etc. I wouldn’t tell you I think he will be fine if I didn’t. I am not vet but I have worked in vet hospitals for decades. I truly think everything will be fine. He is a very lucky cat to have you as his friend!
Thank you so much. Just now i caught him scratching it but he didn't do much damage. But he's probably gonna scratch it off badly later when I'm not here.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry 😔, hang in there!
Hi everyone, it is now the next day and this is what the area looks like.

Attachments

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like it is healing nicely. Your a good cat mom!
It seems to be improving from what I can see!!
Thank you so much. Is he allowed to go outside? Because he has nothing to do inside, my parents are getting sick of him and i feel like he's only scratching at his scab because he's bored. So maybe if he went outside he would be distracted from the scab. If it is a good idea, the earliest I would let him out would be Monday. Is this a bad idea?