Help please. My cat's cone was too short and he damaged the neuter incision.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is about L Lily Scott 's cat's neuter incision. Lets keep it on topic. :)
Sorry to bring it off-topic. I was just trying to contribute to maybe helping L Lily Scott find cheap ways to bring the cat inside, because she mentioned that her parents wouldnt buy a cat tree. Also trying to educate on how to provide her cat a "rich, full life" while indoors.

But I understand it's a bit off-topic.

L Lily Scott , if you are interested in these topics that I and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 have been talking about, maybe post another thread and we can follow up on it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is about L Lily Scott 's cat's neuter incision. Lets keep it on topic. :)
Noted, AbbysMom AbbysMom ! I do think, though, that in addition to helping OP find the best way to deal with the incision, she loves her cat, wants to do right by him, is only 13 with uncooperative parents, and does not know a lot about cat care, so a lot of us want to help her provide the best, safest, most comfortable life possible for him in the face of these challenges -- and that can't be a bad thing!

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noted, AbbysMom AbbysMom ! I do think, though, that in addition to helping OP find the best way to deal with the incision, she loves her cat, wants to do right by him, is only 13 with uncooperative parents, and does not know a lot about cat care, so a lot of us want to help her provide the best, safest, most comfortable life possible for him in the face of these challenges -- and that can't be a bad thing!
This is exactly where I was coming from, too. But let's see where L Lily Scott wants to take this conversation rather than us trying to decide for her. So AbbysMom AbbysMom I understand and won't keep talking about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for your help. I have just asked my parents about keeping him inside and unfortunately, they did not agree. They told me that cats should be able to be cats and go outside. I told them about the dangers and they said that cats aren't stupid. And they keep just opening the door and letting him out. I appreciate all of your concern but unfortunately I don't think i will be able to turn him into an indoor cat given the circumstances. But thank you all so so much

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for your help. I have just asked my parents about keeping him inside and unfortunately, they did not agree. They told me that cats should be able to be cats and go outside. I told them about the dangers and they said that cats aren't stupid. And they keep just opening the door and letting him out. I appreciate all of your concern but unfortunately I don't think i will be able to turn him into an indoor cat given the circumstances. But thank you all so so much
I'm sorry to hear that. But you are taking good care of this cat given your circumstances!

When the cat does spend some time inside, see previous posts about enrichment that won't cost your parents anything.

You appear to be one of us... a Cat Person 🙂 Hopefully when you are older and on your own, you will have the opportunity to have your own cat in your own place. It is the best. And I am saying that as a 41-year-old guy who never owned a cat in his life, until my cat randomly showed up outside my door 8 years ago.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We take care of some wild barn cats that we can't handle or take to the vet. We had them all trapped, neutered, vaccinated, and released and we couldn't even check their sutures because they were so wild. Every single one of them was fine! And they're all old now. They all have shelter, food, and water. Even though it's not an ideal for you, I'm sure he knows where home is and he'll stick close to it now that he's been neutered. You're doing a great job. :) You've been incredibly diligent about monitoring him, have you thought about going into some form of animal care as a career?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing a great job. :) You've been incredibly diligent about monitoring him, have you thought about going into some form of animal care as a career?
I got this vibe, myself, from L Lily Scott , Even if it's not your ultimate professional goal.

Maybe just as a part-time volunteer job? It's just a suggestion, no pressure at all as I don't know you.

But you definitely have a predilection for this kind of work.

Jaxson’s momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh. I thought taro mupirocin ointment prevents infection. Do you think the pictures i have attached look infected?
It doesn’t look infected. He should be fine but why don’t you call the vet. Since he did the procedure, he should just check the incision for free.