Help please baby cat EMERGENCY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I went to my cousin's house and one of there cats was very not moving and looking dead he's definitely really skinny and probably 1 or 2 months old or weeks I'm not sure at all please I do not know what to feed him I don't have kitten milk replacer and I just need something to feed him today so I can get him replacer tomorrow please help.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you ask your cousin how old he is? It would make a difference if he needs formula or can take solid wet food. Human baby food Is sometimes given (I think it should be plain meat).
Is the kitten with his mother?
But from his condition, I think an emergency vet is needed. I would not wait till tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cat was abandoned by its mother and the thing is I'm young so I can't go to the vet rn and there is no one else home I am going to ask my cousin rn thank you for replying

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you ask your cousin how old he is? It would make a difference if he needs formula or can take solid wet food. Human baby food Is sometimes given (I think it should be plain meat).
Is the kitten with his mother?
But from his condition, I think an emergency vet is needed. I would not wait till tomorrow.
Hi my cousin's said he might be 2 months old but that shes not sure

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a neighbor that could drive you to somewhere you could pick up some KMR?

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a neighbor that could drive you to somewhere you could pick up some KMR?
Honestly no the pet store opens at 9 am and I can get that delivered that's why I was just wondering if there is something like milk replacer now that I can make but unless there's not I'm just going to stay up all night and hope for the best and get the replacement milk

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly no the pet store opens at 9 am and I can get that delivered that's why I was just wondering if there is something like milk replacer now that I can make but unless there's not I'm just going to stay up all night and hope for the best and get the replacement milk
Yeah.....it sounds like that's all you can do for now. Just try to keep it warm, if you can turn on the shower on hot and close the bathroom door that might help.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance of getting goats milk? Even if he can just lick drops from your finger or suck some from the tip of a wash cloth. There is Gerber second foods all meat baby food and if the kitten can lick it he can have that. If you warm is slightly it might get him interested. You can water it down a little and use that soaked on the tip of a wash cloth too. Is he strong enough to eat or drink?

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any chance of getting goats milk? Even if he can just lick drops from your finger or suck some from the tip of a wash cloth. There is Gerber second foods all meat baby food and if the kitten can lick it he can have that. If you warm is slightly it might get him interested. You can water it down a little and use that soaked on the tip of a wash cloth too. Is he strong enough to eat or drink?
Honestly I know giving them water is bad but I had to risk it just so he can have some hydration I tired and he can drink and I also tired mashed wet cat food and no he spits it out

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also no goat or baby food

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That formula is great stuff! It works. If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, Please do keep us informed.
Hi I don't have all three I only have evaporated milk and an egg but not Karo

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used these - I know the kitten folks are always recommending the Karo for a 'quick energy boost' - my instinct says it's not essential, though.

I would go for it - remember, just the yolk.....none of the egg white.

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never used these - I know the kitten folks are always recommending the Karo for a 'quick energy boost' - my instinct says it's not essential, though.

I would go for it - remember, just the yolk.....none of the egg white.
Thank you so much just to make sure do I need to add water to it because it said something about boiling water but I don't understand

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go ahead and mix up a little of the evaporated milk. You can also use a tiny bit of plain honey. Adding water to the evaporated milk is imporatant. Boiling is to melt the ingredients together and purify the water. Bottled water would be fine. Make sure everything is well blended so the kitten does not choke. You can let him suck it from a soft, clean washcloth. Others should be along to help.

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Go ahead and mix up a little of the evaporated milk. You can also use a tiny bit of plain honey. Adding water to the evaporated milk is imporatant. Boiling is to melt the ingredients together and purify the water. Bottled water would be fine. Make sure everything is well blended so the kitten does not choke. You can let him suck it from a soft, clean washcloth. Others should be along to help.
Thank you so much for everything I really appreciate your help thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.