Help on smell on used litter robot

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a used 'Litter Robot 3' today.
This is in preparation when we find our destined kittten as we are looking out for one.
However, the litter robot has very strong smell probably from the cat litter and worries that the scent will deter other kitten / cat from using.
Have used Dettol to thoroughly clean and wash but the smell is still there.
Any suggestions how to remove the smell?
Thanks

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried wiping it down with vinegar and water? You can also use an enzyme-based odor eliminator. Nature's Miracle works well, as does Skout's Honor and Rocco and Roxie's pet odor eliminators.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Bought a pet disinfectant spray that was supposed to work on odour and stuff. So far my litter tray and base, the smell is gone. But the globe still has the smell esp on the mat. Just cleaned triple times on the mat. Waiting to see tomorrow.

Attachments

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have washed with vingar and the disinfectant. Used another 'simoke solutions' but the smell on the rubber mat is still there. Have given up hope.

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the company that used to import the litter robot has stopped bringing in. As such I am actually replacing the carbon and strips with normal hardware shop kind. They have asked me to order via Japan store. Myself staying in Singapore.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My friend San from Singapore told me about these so I just bought two used robot 2 models,
and have the same odor in the rubber mat. Maybe try a thick layer of baking soda left on the mat for a few days?

With a good cleaning and new litter I dont smell anything really now.
San is about to leave for a visit back to Singapore and I get to babysit her two wonderful former feral sisters that we co parent.
My robots will have 5 cats putting them to the test for a month! The company makes odor traps to go in the litter tray
that I may try. This calico is robot resistant.....3 days and shes a no go inside yet.
Shes always been well.........different. headstrong from 4 weeks old when I rescued her as feral.