Help! New cat health issues, 3 vet visits. Feeling lost

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! I know I’ve posted separate posts for my new cats issues in the past couple weeks. I apologize but I’m getting so stressed out I just needed to put it all in one place. I feel like I’m going crazy.
Before we took her home two weeks ago (will be two weeks tomorrow) she had a vet check up. Rabies shots, cleared bill of health. Except I did notice her eyes were a bit crusty. This continued for several days so we brought her back in that Thursday. They gave us some lysine to give her twice a day. It’s helped but it’s not fully gone.

Thursday morning I noticed blood in her poop and it was softer than usual so I brought in a stool sample the next day. While waiting for results, she pooped again and this time blood and worm segments. So last Saturday she took a dewormer. A yellow pill with B8 on it. I give her a second dose on April 11. When they got the fecal test results it did come back negative. But since I saw the worms, we medicated as such.
I also noticed her scratching her ears a lot and holding her right ear down. Her nose began to peel and or scab. So I made her an appointment this past Wednesday with my personal vet, not the shelters I got her from. I wanted a second opinion and I just trust my vet. She gave her an upper respiratory shot, cleaned her ears out, sent us home with tresaderm and eye drops, and samples of fortiflora.
Today she still has blood in her stool. She’s eating and drinking and using the box as usual.
I’m just at a loss. I don’t want to keep bringing her into the vet. I have emailed mine this weekend with my concerns but my anxiety is through the roof right now and just needed to get some shared similar stories or if anyone had issues like these before. I have a resident cat I have been keeping her separated from. I’m going to get some pumpkin today to try.

Poor sweet thing. Thanks for going through all my posts. I know I may be obsessing.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing. Take a deep breath, sit down with a cup of tea - or whatever will make you happy.

You've got a beautiful little cat! I'm sorry that your poor kitty was not as healthy as the shelter wanted you to believe. But, I'm glad you've found a vet who knows what he's doing.
In my experience, blood in her stool will not go away immediately. Her gut will have to heal. I have often had kittens (unwanted or strays) with this problem, but it has always cleared up, after deworming, but well before they were 12 weeks old and ready to go to their new homes. I used pumpkin (baby food) mixed with some chopped up boiled chicken breast when they had problems with diarrhea. It always worked.
I haven't been reading your earlier threads so I hope I'm not simply repeating what others have said.
Good luck, but I'm sure you'll both survive this ordeal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! I think I have more anxiety over it because I have my senior guy in the house too and want to make sure he doesn’t get exposed to anything. He’s already adjusting to the new life around. I hate to stress him out by making him sick! 😩

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet would like to send out another fecal test to make sure there are no other parasites besides worms. And may also test for ringworm since her nose is scarring. Omgosh poor babe