Help Needed... Lump Found At Cat's Tail

YukarisCats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
(Finally found the Create-Thread-Button, yay!!)
So, my mom and I noticed a pretty hard lump at the beginning of the tail of my cat Lady. Like, the part where the butt stops and the tail starts, you know. On the top tho. I've been looking up stuff on what it could be, and unfortunately i've seen only bad things such as Tumors and cysts.
We love our cat a lot and all we want to know is what it actually is. We can't afford a vet at the moment, a check only already costs more than the half of the income of my parents. Don't get me wrong, we'd LOVE to go to the vet, but it's merely impossible at the moment.
Can someone tell me what it could be? I'm very worried about my cat.
Sending/uploading pictures of the spot isn't really helping, my cat has long, thick fur and you can only notice it when she's sitting (even then it's hard to see) or when you pat her around that area.
We're thankful for every useful answer/hint.

And please, don't call us ''irresponsible cat owners'' like some other owners and breeders already did, we're trying everything possible for our cats, this insult isn't helping us at all.
Also, our cats are happy at our place, they have no limits regarding rooms, they're getting the food they love, fresh water every 6th hour and they're pat whenever they like.
Someone already gave us helpful information, we're very thankful for this! We'd need a little more, tho.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unfortunately, it's impossible for us to make a diagnosis over the internet. We are not Vets, and even if we were, it would still be next to impossible to diagnose via the internet. I do wonder, though, whether or not your cat seems bothered at all when you touch this lump? Does she lick at it, or does she even seem aware that it's there? What size is it? Say, like a marble, or a pea, or what? Does it move around a little bit, or not? Perhaps if you can answer those questions, someone might be able to give you a little more info, although they still won't be able to give you a definite diagnosis.

Here is a link about helping when you can't afford a Vet. At the very bottom are links by state if you are in the U.S. There is also something for t hose living in the UK: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Mrs. Greenjeens for posting the information on the vet assistance program. This could save the lives of hundreds of our little lovely furballs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YukarisCats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, it's impossible for us to make a diagnosis over the internet. We are not Vets, and even if we were, it would still be next to impossible to diagnose via the internet. I do wonder, though, whether or not your cat seems bothered at all when you touch this lump? Does she lick at it, or does she even seem aware that it's there? What size is it? Say, like a marble, or a pea, or what? Does it move around a little bit, or not? Perhaps if you can answer those questions, someone might be able to give you a little more info, although they still won't be able to give you a definite diagnosis.
I'm aware of that already. It isn't really bothering to her at all. When you touch it, she twitches a little or looks weirdly at you like ''why did u do that hun''. The lump is pretty big (or just looks big thanks to her fur), probably around 4 centimeters i guess. And i'm pretty sure the lump was more ON the base rather than almost completely around it.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there is a lump, i would have a vet check. Things caught and dealt with as early as possible are much better than waiting.