Help, Need Advice.

pickledfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just brought my first 2 week old bottle foster baby . He has what I presume to be dried KMR from messy eating under his chin, leg, and belly. I don't think the shelter was wiping his face after feedings.

Can anyone suggest ways in which I can get this off of him without hurting him. He's quite fragile so I would like to avoid a full bath if possible.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would try a new soft bristle toothbrush. Dip it in warm water (just moist) and gently brush over the area. Wrap him up in a dry towel to remove any excess moisture but maybe after a few goes it will loosen and remove the mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pickledfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I gave this a try, so far no progress but hopefully with a couple more treatments it will get better. I feel so bad for the little guy his fur is dried up and matted all over his chest, cheeks, sides of his head and front legs. It just can't be comfortable.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if another try should be with a dry toothbrush on the dried up kmr. Not too long on the same spot - to avoid burns Nd irritated skin.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any success?

Use a warm, wet wash cloth if necessary to loosen the caked on milk.

Just be sure to dry him well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pickledfairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Between the warm wet wash cloth (he doesn't love that part, the squirmy little bugger) and the tooth brush we have pretty much gotten the worst of it off. The only areas still a bit stiff are under his eyes on his cheeks but I very gingerly work at it with the warm cloth after each feeding. I think we are on our way to getting him looking handsome. Thank-you for the suggestions!