Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've had three kidney cats, but none with Acute, all were chronic. However, that being said, I'd never heard of treating acute kidney failure with dialysis, so did some digging. I actually read that Hemodialysis is better when it's Acute kidney failure (and it's much less expensive!), and there happens to be a vet in your area (ish) who has the machine necessary to do it. You might want to read up on it or give them a call to find out about it. Of course, everything depends on the underlying cause of the acute kidney failure. Did she get into something she shouldn't have? That's usually the case.

Here is the Vet in your area who does this: Fresenius Kidney Care There are several and I'm not sure which is closest to you so you'll need to look up their number.

The sooner you can get started the better though, so you might want to try to hit up all your friends and relatives and worry about finding the money to pay them back at a later date :hugs: