Help! My kitty needs a name!

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My name's Amy and I foster kittens. Right now I have a kitten that I believe is at least part ragdoll. He's a beautiful sepia color and is eyes just turned a lovely shade of green(think sage). My daughter and I usually have no problem naming the kittens but they usually come in groups of at least 2 and right now I only have one. I'm also pretty sure I'm going to keep him so I think that's what's making it harder. Anyway, we like people names, literary names and Greek mythology names. We also usually give a first and middle name. I swear I've exhausted all the cat name lists and baby name lists so I'm reaching out for help. We most recently been toying with Huckleberry Finn and Romeo Sage. Any idea on names would be greatly appreciated! Also your vote on those two names would be good. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Beautiful kitten! I love those expressions. I know the difficulty of naming when you are a foster or rescuer. Lol I have a friend who is a foster and I do feral rescues so we often bounce names off each other.
I love both choices. Huckleberry kind of fits due to color. I find that if I just wait and spend time bouncing names off the kitty, they kind of choose their own if you hit one they like. Have you asked the kitten? ;)
I like double names too. My female red tabby is Wanda Heart and someone here helped with part of the name. She Wanda ered into my heart. Lol I also have a kitty named Banjo! I never dreamed of giving that name but she just didn’t seem to respond to anything! Her brother has a loooong and high pitched cry and he became Whistle. I was holding sister and petting her when it struck me I was moving my fingers up and down as though strumming. I told her that maybe she was musical too. Obviously she wasn’t a fiddle. :lol: I tried harp... noooo, finally after moving through things I was nearly done and said,” maybe you're more a Joanne or Jojo instead, How about a Banjo?” She looked up and mewed! I repeated and she put her paws up on me. Over the next couple of days I tried calling it out and she came! It stuck and now I can’t see her as anyone but Banjo. Ask that adorable kitten,” what is your name, Huckleberry Finn or Romeo Sage?”

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How sweet! Usually the names just come so easily! Another reason this one's been harder is because I had his brother too in the beginning and he was just too weak to make it. We had been trying to come up with the perfect pair names and then he just started losing weight no matter how much he ate. The vet called it fading kitten syndrome but it was heartbreaking. The names also have to pass my 19 y/o daughter's approval..eyeroll..I've tried them both and he doesn't seem to care either way

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jcatbird How sweet! Usually the names just come so easily! Another reason this one's been harder is because I had his brother too in the beginning and he was just too weak to make it. We had been trying to come up with the perfect pair names and then he just started losing weight no matter how much he ate. The vet called it fading kitten syndrome but it was heartbreaking. The names also have to pass my 19 y/o daughter's approval..eyeroll..I've tried them both and he doesn't seem to care either way

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Perseus who was a mighty Greek warrior.

Silas- because of his green eyes.

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like Perseus who was a mighty Greek warrior.

Silas- because of his green eyes.
Oh my heart! Silas Grey was the name of our very first foster. He was the sweetest little grey kitten! Thankfully I still get lots of updates from his mom! She has also adopted another kitten that I fostered and she kept both of their names!

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my heart! Silas Grey was the name of our very first foster. He was the sweetest little grey kitten! Thankfully I still get lots of updates from his mom! She has also adopted another kitten that I fostered and she kept both of their names!
My daughter and I both love perseus also. I feel like there was a reason we weren't going to use it though. I'll have to run it past her again. Thanks for the ideas!

Amyd73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Coco first came to mind!
That's really cute we just don't want anything that sounds too much like a pet's name if that makes sense. Thank toi though