Help my identify what’s under my cat’s fur

Mikai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys
I hope you all are doing and feeling good
I recently found this forum while searching the web about my problem

I have a 7/8 months cat and I love scratching her back and I’m sure she loves it too, But recently I’ve found these dry, (scaly?), hard and crusty areas on her skin.

I’ve found 3 spots, they’re dark-brown and I think they look like dry blood of popped pimple? I don’t know.

And I just been able to pick one out ( without any blood) as you can see in the last picture

please help my identify them? Are these mites or ticks? or ants/mosquito bites?

I’m so worried..... ps: the picture are zoomed in, the spots are actually small

Attachments

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello guys
I hope you all are doing and feeling good
I recently found this forum while searching the web about my problem

I have a 7/8 months cat and I love scratching her back and I’m sure she loves it too, But recently I’ve found these dry, (scaly?), hard and crusty areas on her skin.

I’ve found 3 spots, they’re dark-brown and I think they look like dry blood of popped pimple? I don’t know.

And I just been able to pick one out ( without any blood) as you can see in the last picture

please help my identify them? Are these mites or ticks? or ants/mosquito bites?

I’m so worried..... ps: the picture are zoomed in, the spots are actually small
It could be from fighting.... my males play but get rough with each other and they leave scabs on each other. I have one that acts out if we don’t let him outside. But he got fix today so no outside for awhile. Or ringworm, when my long hair cat got it from my rescue kitten she didn’t get bald spots she had a few tiny spots that looked like that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice. Although I have no personal experience with this type of skin condition, TCS has an Article that might be helpful to you: Skin Conditions In Cats

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep those scabs you are seeing is from a cat fight, and they usually come out in tuffts of hairs with the scabs. You may usually find a cats claw in the cut as well.