Help My Fat 13 Year Old Tabby Is Lost

cheesycatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have looked everywhere for my cat named Tawny. she is 13 years old and i looked in all her hiding spots, under the couch, in the basement, in my room. I can't seem to find her. My room mates always leave open doors, and i'm afraid she might have escaped. I don't know what to do. I understand that cats can get into tiny places, but the thing is that she is very fat and old so I don't understand how should could get into a tiny space. i need help, i will update/delete if I find her.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not to worry about deleting - we're just thrilled you found her.

She's the size of two cats. Have you thought about feeding her differently? Is she getting canned food?

She really needs to go on a diet - the stress of all that weight on her joints is not good.

If you are free feeding dry food/kibble, that needs to be cut back a lot.

Obesity In Cats
A Feline Diabetes Story

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I am glad you found your baby. There is actually no way to delete threads. It is not uncommon for cats to hide really well. All you can do is update the thread so everyone knows you found your baby.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her :) My first thought when I saw her picture was "WOW she is fat!" while I was laughing. We had a fat female calico cat like that, who went around begging/being fed from 6 different homes in the neighborhood! Your kitty is pretty ... I just see a jiggly belly & want to pet it ;)

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her :) My first thought when I saw her picture was "WOW she is fat!" while I was laughing. Your kitty is pretty ... I just see a jiggly belly & want to pet it ;)
Lol same here. I thought my cat was fat at 10 lbs. She promptly went on a diet. I used to free feed but now she's on a strict schedule.

C cheesycatlover I'm so glad you found your kitty. As others have suggested, she really could drop a few pounds. I know it's hard to keep a cat to a diet, but the health of your cat is so important. My cat is on a firm diet, as I mentioned. I just have to keep reminding myself that food does not equal love, especially when she wants dinner 3 hours early.
I hope you consider the words of concern we all have expressed. I for one know the heartbreak of losing a furry family member that was my companion for half of my life.

Best wishes and good luck!