Help my cats tail does look right..plz help

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has just started hold her tail at a weird angle like its broken or something. Never noticed it before. She dont act like it hurts or anything when touched. I can take better pics if needed. She is about 13 weeks old. I found them under my steps when they was about ,4 weeks old..yes I've bottle fed them, the works. So I'm very close to my furry friends..plz help
IMG_20201108_210431_02.jpg
IMG_20201108_210431_01.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No..I'm low income and I dont get paid for another week. I just started noticing it the past two days. Do u think she needs to go. It doesn't hurt her when I touch her or anything

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes for what I have seen. I have been watching her more

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't know I was talking to two ppl. I'm new to this sorry. Her litter habit has been fine. Besides the other day. I thought it was because I changed food from kitten to more adult since they are getting older. She is running, playing, her litter box is fine. She is going fine. Me an her siblings has our milk in the morning. I have coffee with my milk. I have been keeping more of a eye on her now. It has been two days she has been like that, she if I already said this to u..thank you so much for replying

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you giving her/them cow milk? Regular dairy cows milk can cause cats digestive problems.
They can drink goat milk, or even unflavored Pedialyte.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That does look strange. Cat's tend to hold their tails like that if they've been bitten. Can you see any sign of swelling or blood? Cat bites are usually tiny at first, so they're hard to spot. They can quickly develop into an abscess though, so you need to get her to the vet to have the bite cleaned and get her some antibiotics, if that is what happened.

Other than that it could be nerve damage or a broken bone. It's best to get the vet to take a look. These things are much cheaper and easier to treat if you deal with them as soon as possible.

Please keep us posted, I hope she's going to be alright.

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is no sign of blood or any wounds. It doesn't hurt if I touch it or anything. She is going to the bathroom fine, eat,drinking and playing with her siblings. I just noticed about two days ago. Got alittlie worried

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have a regular vet? Why not e-mail them a photo, tell them everything you've said here and ask if they think she should be brought in?

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you giving her/them cow milk? Regular dairy cows milk can cause cats digestive problems.
They can drink goat milk, or even unflavored Pedialyte.
Yes I actually was going them a cat milk u can buy at the store. It is for cats since they are still little.

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have a regular vet? Why not e-mail them a photo, tell them everything you've said here and ask if they think she should be brought in?
No I dont. I'm low income and dont get paid until next week. Just want ppl opinion about her.

Bo bo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found her and her two siblings under my steps when they where about 3 weeks old. Yes I did the whole bottle feeding. So we very furry close to each other. I just now was about to get all there shots and month long flea med from the vet. I had to save for that is why

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No I dont. I'm low income and dont get paid until next week. Just want ppl opinion about her.
My opinion is it's most likely a bite. I have a lot of cats and they can get a bit over excited when playing, so they have bitten each other on the tail a bit too hard before.

Have a look where the bend is on her tail. There may be a tiny bit of swelling or it may feel hot to the touch there.

Getting it cleaned and a shot of antibiotics are probably the easiest way of dealing with it, but I understand vet care is expensive. If you find a bite try cleaning it with some Vetericyn or Hibiclens. You can use the same antiseptic cream you use on your own cuts or grazes, on some gauze with a sticky bandage to keep it in place. It's not as good as antibiotics, but it should help her to heal until you get paid and can get her to a vet

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't understood if the kitten is able to move or wag her tail, or if the tail is still and not moving.
Is it possible that she fell from a chair or a high element of your furniture and hit the ground with is back end where the tail starts?