Help my cats have fleas!!

kokepelli girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:help: My 3 cats have fleas and I've tried everything I can think of beside going to the vet. My 4th cat trouble the Orange one is sick with other issues but isn't having problems with fleas as bad as the other 3.Going to the vet wil cost a fortune.
I started out with a organic flea shampoo, treated the house and washed everything. Then used the stuff at the base of their neck. Then a took drastic measures used a flea dip. Then I noticed this weekend baby my Maine coon had a sore starting on the bottom of his mouth. When I researched it actually on this site it said it could be caused from a irritation from fleas. I actually turned him over and looked at his belly they were everywhere.
He's so furry they stay at his belly. So I washed all three with the organic shampoo again and combed out a bunch. And washed everything again but baby still has them.
[IMG ALT="That's me! Lol
Denise aka Kokepelli Girl"]http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/256482/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
They never go outside but caught the fleas from my former residence. Both baby and mama have a weird spot on the base of their tail when u pet them their they do this strange licking thing. Also baby has been sneezing a lot!
Sorry for such a long thread!
I'm new here and need HELP!!!!!!
Denise aka Kokepelli Girl
PS feel free to look at my profile all my kids pics are there!!!!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can pick up Advantage from the vet or online without a prescription. Don't forget to treat your house as well.

These are confirmed fleas that you have seen?

Your cats will also need deworming as it is very easy for them to get tapeworms from the fleas they eat as they clean themselves (including parts of dead flead they kill by scratching).

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get to the vet for treatment since your kitties and home seem to be infested.  Then, treat your home.