Help! My cat must be sick

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good evening,

Yesterday we gave our gorgeous male cat a small haircut: We cut some yellow hair on his belly, we've done it before. Today I gave him Bravecto worming liquid. This afternoon I noticed an unusual large bald spot on his head. Please check the photo. We did not touch this spot when cutting his hair yesterday. We have another cat, but she wouldn't hurt him, she is very calm. Maybe it was caused by the Bravecto liquid? I am sure I gave him the right dose though. Is he sick? Has anyone had a similar issue with their cats before?

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is near the application site it could be a slight reaction. The area itself is irregular and has a little hair growth, so I don't think it is ringworm. If it is there will be more spots appearing quickly, but they are usually more round and hairless. I've had similar issues with spots like these and they were a wound/injury which caused the hair to fall out. i would monitor it and if it gets a lot bigger or more spots appear then take him to the vet. You could also send that picture to the vet and see what they say. Maybe with a few close shots. A sick cat or one that is having more than just a simple reaction will stop eating, start hiding, acting differently. If he is acting normal and eating/drinking/using the litterbox fine, I would monitor it and apply some antibiotic salve or wound spray you can get at farm supply stores. It takes a LONG time, months, for hair to grow back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is that where you applied Bravecto? If so, the bald spot is probably an allergic reaction.
No, I applied Bravecto between the shoulder blades. Do you think it could still be the cause?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it is near the application site it could be a slight reaction. The area itself is irregular and has a little hair growth, so I don't think it is ringworm. If it is there will be more spots appearing quickly, but they are usually more round and hairless. I've had similar issues with spots like these and they were a wound/injury which caused the hair to fall out. i would monitor it and if it gets a lot bigger or more spots appear then take him to the vet. You could also send that picture to the vet and see what they say. Maybe with a few close shots. A sick cat or one that is having more than just a simple reaction will stop eating, start hiding, acting differently. If he is acting normal and eating/drinking/using the litterbox fine, I would monitor it and apply some antibiotic salve or wound spray you can get at farm supply stores. It takes a LONG time, months, for hair to grow back.
Application site is between his shoulder blades, so it is not too far. Plus I think it literally appeared after I applied Bravecto, it wasn't there this morning. Do you know the names of any antibiotic salves or wound sprays by any chance? Thanks so much.