Help, my cat is on the verge of dying

kittycatlovergoesboom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help, and i need it fast.
So last week we got this new kitten called Simon. He's about 2 and a half months old and has had his first anti rabies shot.
Everything was fine until yesterday. He wasnt eating or drinking anything, and wasnt moving around either. At first we thought that he was just being lazy so we decided to give him a day. But today, i woke up and checked on him and oh boy.
His third eyelid is showing, he still isnt eating anything nor is he moving around. He meows when we pick him up and he NEVER does that. He has been making these coughing, rough sounds from yesterday.
We want to get him a vet so bad, but yesterday and today is a public holiday so none of the vets are available
We tried an online vet but my dad wasnt going along with the idea, and since he was the one paying we couldnt get an online vet either. (no judgement please)

Can someone please help me, i beg you, my little ten year old brother is extremely attached to the cat, he cant bear it if we loose him, and neither can i.
Please, help.

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No emergency vets out there? Some have credit programs you can apply for on their site. Kitten needs to get to the vet ASAP.

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any emergency vets near you? This sounds like it could be an emergency. And emergency vets should be open 24/7. Yes they are more expensive but it’s worth it if your cat is suffering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycatlovergoesboom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Crap, i searched and theres no available emergency vets here that are open 24/7. Its a public holiday even, so no one is willing to come over dew to the parades and marches in the streets.

CatSR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When a cat will not drink you need to force water. Do this either with a bottle placed for the tongue to lap, with drops of water on your finger placed on the tongue, or through subcutenous fluids (vet provides). If your kitten can find s niracle it can begin by you getting water to her, as much as two ounces. If she is refusing to eat do the same thing with food. Put a small amount on your fingers snd coax gently into the mouth for her to accept. It does actually help to hold or pet her and talk to her sbout how much you care about her and ask her to eat, ask her to drink. They understand some parts of these actions snd attempts. Put her in a blanket so she csn be warm. Kerp body contact of petting or hokding.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When a cat will not drink you need to force water. Do this either with a bottle placed for the tongue to lap, with drops of water on your finger placed on the tongue, or through subcutenous fluids (vet provides). If your kitten can find s niracle it can begin by you getting water to her, as much as two ounces. If she is refusing to eat do the same thing with food. Put a small amount on your fingers snd coax gently into the mouth for her to accept. It does actually help to hold or pet her and talk to her sbout how much you care about her and ask her to eat, ask her to drink. They understand some parts of these actions snd attempts. Put her in a blanket so she csn be warm. Kerp body contact of petting or hokding.
Please be careful with this. If the cat does not have a gag reflex (or even if it does) and an attempt to force feed is made, the cat can asphyxiate (choke, basically) or fluid can go down the trachea instead of the esophagus. Even with critical patients at my clinic, the vets will NEVER ask for the patient to be force fed. If it won't eat, or lap some food after it has been syringed (into their mouth, never down their neck), a feeding tube is inserted.

Sub-Q fluids are great, however. How is the little one today?