Help, My Cat Is Not Eating, Drinking And Throwing Up A Lot For 4days Now

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Thaiger has the same symptoms as Tom's and I'm very worried.
My 5year old cat, Thaiger, was diagnosed with fungus so the vet gave him medicated shampoo so we had to leave him with the grooming for 2hours.
We fed him medicine (1 capsule,1 red pill to protect the liver) after that we took him home, he started to act strange and vomited 5 times in a row over the next day. He completely stopped eating, drinking, hasn't talk, and hardly moved around. I tried to feed him canned food recommended by the vet and water with a syringe, but everything that went in his stomach he vomited it out, even water. He hasn't eaten anything up until now because he threw up everything he ate for 4 days now. He turned down his favorite Toro fish snack which was a surprise to me. Most of the time he would be lying on bed and barely walks like how he used to.
Yesterday, I took him to the vet and they gave him fluid for 15 minutes (not IV) because I was scared it would stress him. We've been to the vet daily and changed vet hospitals to get a second opinion on his case. My cat also has asthma and has been on a diet food recommended by a vet. Thank you. We are waiting on his blood test result tomorrow and the vet at the new hospital said he will need an ultrasound to see if he has pancreas, liver, or kidney disease. We're seeking immediate help by someone who's cat has similar experience. Thank you.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just know that even though the symptoms are similar to the other cat's, they can have a completely different reason.
I agree an ultrasound is needed, not only to view his organs/size, but to look for an obstruction as well.
Simply to rule out, otherwise it's like a jigsaw puzzle and can get super expensive.
He may have had a reaction to the capsule too.
His behavior tells me he is suffering from a big tummy ache. Something has to be causing it. He can only go so long without food too, or risk the chance of hepatic lipidosis, and you don't want that for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just know that even though the symptoms are similar to the other cat's, they can have a completely different reason.
I agree an ultrasound is needed, not only to view his organs/size, but to look for an obstruction as well.
Simply to rule out, otherwise it's like a jigsaw puzzle and can get super expensive.
He may have had a reaction to the capsule too.
His behavior tells me he is suffering from a big tummy ache. Something has to be causing it. He can only go so long without food too, or risk the chance of hepatic lipidosis, and you don't want that for sure.[/

Thank you very much. We are taking him to the vet for ultrasound. We also think it was the capsule and maybe the stress from grooming (they cut his nails and tried to shave his fur due to the first vet’s recommendation and bit 2 of the groomers, we left him alone there so we had no idea what they did to him). We will find out this afternoon what caused him the stomachache and hopefully he will eat/drink again ASAP. Sincerely thank you.

motherof5cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with catwoman707 it could be anything. My eldest had those symptoms out of the blue and it turned out that he had pancreatitis which is perfectly treatable. We pinpointed the issue the moment we got an ultrasound so I also think that that's gonna limit the possible causes dramatically.

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you motherof5cats. The result from the ultrasound says he has a wound in his digestive system that’s why he couldn’t eat . We admitted Thaiger to the hospital with IV fluids and special care. Thank you for your response

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just went to visit Thaiger at the hospital he is eating now and stopped vomitting. The vet at the new hospital cured him with IV fluids and medicine. We are so happy! He’s back to being the same Thaiger, new energetic and there’s life in his eyes again. The doctor said he can go home tomorrow. Thank you.

Patomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your cat it's back to normal! :hyper: Ours had similar symptoms when she was a kitten and we also had to admit her to the hospital. She was also given IV fluids and stayed there overnight - our bill was crazy high but it was worth it as the little one went back to normal -. I think she got sick with the floor wax we were using. We haven't waxed the floors since ...

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:yess:We can relate! The bill was crazy high but it’s worth it as long as our baby is fine. We will stick to this new vet. Glad to hear your little one is doing great! :thumbsup:

Thaiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much catwoman707.
The vet did an ultrasound and found out the medicine the first hospital gave him caused him a wound in his Gastritis
(stomach). It’s been the second day he’s admitted in and given medicine for anti-vomit and pain killer through IV fluids. They have taken such good care of him here and he has gotten so much better now. He starts eating again and stopped throwing up. So happy we’re able to take him home tomorrow. We also did an x-ray to find out if he has asthma ‘cause we were told from the old vet and has been treating on and off with Steroid + gas chamber to stop the coughing. Turned out our cat doesn’t even have asthma! For the fungus, he has only 2 spots on his left check and right thumb turned pink which can be treated with liquid medicine soaked in cotton to rub it on him. We’re sticking to this new hospital from now on.:blush:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you found one of the rare outstanding vets!
Do you mean the capsule he was given? Because I kept thinking back that it all went south after that darn thing was given......
Anyway, so happy to hear good positive news!

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy your kitty got better. I am having the exact same problem right now. The vet has Smokey on a drip, and doing blood tests, as xrays didn't show anything. Ultrasound nxt I guess.