Help! My cat is in sorry shape, not deathly, but I could use a lot of advice, please?

michele pratt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So even though I've had 3 other cats give birth in front of me I am having so many issues with knowing for sure if my cat is pregnant but I believe she is and the kittens will be here soon(tonight or by tomorrow). The last few nights she's kept me up meowing/kneading all over me ALL night. Previous to that shes been really bad with cleaning herself and has been smelling of urine a lot. She also peed on a towel I had on my floor, which is weird for her at least. Now getting to the more serious issues, her tits are still very small with no milk pockets, her vagina looks somewhat like the thick ring of a condom(apologies but it is the closest resemblance) and most importantly she is discharging green mucas. Can someone relate to these issues/have any experience with them? Is she truly pregnant? Sick? I feel like I am absolutely in the dark. 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she has pyometra (the green mucous sounds like it especially if she is not cleaning herself and smelling of urine they normally do that when they are sick.) You need to get her seen by a vet ASAP or she could die. Good luck to you I hope your kitty is okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michele pratt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been reading an the humane society's website states it is most common in older cats. Someone let her out of my room during the night and now she is completely different. Last night her vagina looked as if it were stretching and she was constantly cleaning it. When she came back in today her stomach was very soft,she was no longer interested in cleaning and she is very slim. I am going to call the vet for the pyometra, however, should I be looking around the outside of the house for kittens? Is it possible because she is a young kitten (7 months) that she miscarried the babies or could not keep them to term? Just a few questions but I understand if its hard to answer them with not being in the situation. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Someone let her out of my room during the night and now she is completely different. Last night her vagina looked as if it were stretching and she was constantly cleaning it. When she came back in today her stomach was very soft,she was no longer interested in cleaning and she is very slim. I am going to call the vet for the pyometra, however, should I be looking around the outside of the house for kittens? Is it possible because she is a young kitten (7 months) that she miscarried the babies or could not keep them to term? Just a few questions but I understand if its hard to answer them with not being in the situation. 
yes, go out and seek! if they are still alive, you can still save them.  Be prepared though you must take charge in the beginning, and do it yourself.

We had a couple of cases recently somewhat alike yours. Mom going back to them about 24 hours later and they vere alive and in decently shape, as they could suckle and nurse. They werent too cold or too week yet.

The greenish can also had being the mucus prop. did it smeller foully? seems she to have fever?  If not, probably mucus, but good you let your vet check her up.  Ask if he can get the milk production going if the kittens are still alive.

Good luck!

michele pratt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I checked everywhere I could and found no kittens. Under both sheds, inside every inch of them, under our cars and i've left my door open so she is free to leave. I was hoping she would go back outside and would lead me to them if there were some. She doesnt seem to have a fever. Shes actually cooler than normal by what I can tell from feeling her ears(Which are normally relatively hot). From what I could tell there was no odor from the mucus but there was also white coming out as well(Should have mentioned that earlier!). Now that she has been in a while she is back in her nest i made her and is constantly eating and drinking a little bit but there is no more liquid coming out of her. Her stomach is still soft but lower towards the bottom of her stomach it is somewhat hard. Is it possible she broke her water and her stomach is soft because of that? Is that dangerous for the kittens if they are still inside of her? Thank you so much for all you've helped already! I am worried for her because she is so young. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The delivery dont always come immediately after the water broke.

Although lets not guess, contact your vet, phone at least, she will know what follow up questions to give.

Good luck!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes please call a vet.  What you are describing could have several explanations and as others have noted some of them could be serious.

In terms of her going outside, I'd ignore her for a while and see if she goes then  She might not be going to the kitties if/because you are hovering.

michele pratt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No one really wants to hear that but I think you are right. I've left her alone and am going to let her be all day. There are still no kittens but she is now spotting blood and her stomach is moving more. I left her in her nest, closed the door and I'm on the other side of the house now. I'll check on her later tonight. If her status doesn't change by then I will take her to the emergency vet, ASAP. I don't want to delay but I think that she just wants to be alone to do her thing. Everyone keep fingers crossed please! Thank you for all your advice and opinions as well! It's helped me through the last 2 days with her.