HELP MY CAT HAS GONE MISSING!

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Someone please help I don't know what to do...

My kitten/cat has gone missing for about 24 hours now.we let her out at night and called her back in after an hour but she didn't want to come in.after a few hours we called her but we couldn't find.we tried again after a few hours and then again in the morning.she didn't turn up.

We walked round the neighbourhood calling her name but we still couldn't find her. We called the local vet but no missing cats were brought in. She isn't microchip per or wearing a collar.we are going to put posters up but what else should I do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in fairly safe Place and if we keep her inside she poos everywhere as she hates being cooped up.im just wondering what she is actually doing all by herself...

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ask around your neighborhood. Ask everyone you know to look out for her. Walk around and shake her treat box, calling her. Please keep her inside at night if she comes home, and get her a collar with her name and your number on it. Hope she comes home soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely keep checking at your local shelter and vets, sometimes it gets so hectic they don't even realize what they have.If she is 5 months or older and has not been spayed she will wander to get a male. listen for yowling or where the birds are giving alert calls, that can pinpoint a cat around.  

Put up those posters and get on your local radio 'buy and sell' show to plead for help in finding a missing pet. Make sure you check around closed up garages and sheds, she may be locked in somewhere. Don't give up, keep walking and driving around in ever widening circles, she may have been chased too far by a passing dog or even got into a service van or some'ones car. I'll pray for her safe return, keep us posted! 

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Di and Bob thank you so much for your advice. she is actually over 5 months now and there have been several males seen in our garden. she is probably safe.i will walk round the neighbourhood again kittychew shaking her treat box.we are going to put up posters. as soon as she comes home we will get her microchipped and NEVER let her out at night again.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i hope she will soon come back.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am really getting worried about my cat she is still not back....
Is it possible she has been stolen?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
If you have any of her used litter, you might try scattering it around the edge of your property.  Sometimes that brings them home.  I know it sounds gross but people do report success using that method.  Also, you didn't say if she's been spayed or not.  As @Di and Bob  pointed out, if she's not been spayed, she may be out looking for a mate.  If so, she may very well return when nature has run its course.    And of course, put up posters and check at local shelters and vets, as others have suggested.  Be prepared to actually go to the shelters to check - it is hard to identify a cat just based on a description over the phone.

Good luck.  Hopefully the posters will help - a lot of our members have gotten their cats back that way.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she hasn't been spayed so it is possible she has gone to look for males

i will try the litter idea

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chances are VERY good she is out looking! Listen for any yowling or cat fights and go there to look, I would have her spayed as soon as she returns to prevent this from happening again, they usually return in about a week. Those big males may have chased her too far out for her to recognize where she is, so search in ever widening circles. All the luck and please post us when she returns!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Di and Bob thank you so much for your advice. she is actually over 5 months now and there have been several males seen in our garden. she is probably safe.i will walk round the neighbourhood again kittychew shaking her treat box.we are going to put up posters. as soon as she comes home we will get her microchipped and NEVER let her out at night again.
We used to let our cat Zimmie out during the day, which she loved, but never at night. She would come in during the day when we called her, but never at night. Please get your cat spayed when she returns.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we were planning on getting her spayed and microchipped at our local vets before she dissapeared...

i really hope she will come back soon

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
as soon as she comes back we will take her to the vets.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm getting really worried...
Is there a chance someone could have stolen her?
Or maybe just walked off somewhere 'adopting' her?

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's possible, a number of things may have happened. I hope she returns home soon. I know what it's like to have a cat go missing. My first cat sooty when missing when i was 9. Sadly, he never came home. There is still hope. Don't give up yet.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quick update on our situation...
We asked around the neighbourhood and finally someone has said they have seen her in the allotments behind our house...I will check that out tomorrow.