Help My Best Cat Friend Is Missing For 3 Weeks

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my new cat Willie that I've had for a month ran away after he was outside in a storm. he came from the shelter, he's shy around noises and strangers. we've looked everywhere but it has been 3 weeks. we live out in the country, and have a big corn field behind us. I posted fliers, and called shelters. all the neighbors have tons of cats, he might be looking for a mate (Willie isn't fixed). something's eating his food. I've also posted on lost pet sites. can anyone give me hope?

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's odd that the shelter didn't neuter him. The shelters here neuter/spay the cats before they adopt them out. I hope he comes back. Male cats will travel far to find a mate. How old is he?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he's about a year old. we live in a very small town and our shelter is junky.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey there! So sorry that he is missing. I have a male that isn't neutered and he has disappeared for 3 months before. Take hope, he most likely is looking for a mate. When my cat takes off to go look for a mate he won't listen to me or come to me even if I'm standing a few feet away he totally ignores me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try putting his litter box on the porch. Cats have terrific noses, and he will recognize his own scent!

This may have some additional ideas, as well: Help! My Cat Is Lost!

When you get your boy home, have him neutered ASAP. He'll be happier, healthier, and not as apt to take off on you again!

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have his litter box on the porch. we also had an appointment to get him fixed but had to cancel because he ran away.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Figures...did someone mention neutering where he could hear? I know that they don't understand us that well, but sometimes it really seems like they do!

Another thing I'd suggest is searching with a flashlight when it is getting dark out. That will let you see his eyeshine. Look in low, small places where a cat could squeeze in and hide, and don't forget to look UP, as well! He may be in a tree and not able to get down.

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's almost been 3 months now and I'm still looking. the only thing that's keeping me going is I've had weird supernatural experiences (I'm religious). Willie's shelter ID number was 4, and that number keeps popping up, I talked to a pastor and they had the same thing happen to them, I asked God for a sign and the next day I got an email from a pet detective saying exactly what to do. we're making a sign to put up by the road that leads to all the roads in a 2 mile radius. pray for me :'(