Help my beautiful cat has cronic eosinoohilic on the stomach area, she is getting worse, scratching,

susan cannon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help my cat has eosinophilic on her stomach, what can you do to help her?Had it for years, taken her to the vets, steriod shots. Sores keep coming back.No more steriods, very bad for her liver, and fatal over time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Have you had her tested for allergies? Our last cat got EGC (rodent ulcers), and once soy and beet pulp were eliminated from his diet it improved. Did the vet say anything about fish oil supplements (Omega 3)? Jamie got one 500 mg. capsule a day during a flare and otherwise one 500 mg. capsule a week for maintenance, squeezed over his food. He had very little trouble with EGC once he was taking the supplement regularly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susan cannon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Tricia,

Thank you for responding about my cat with eosinophilic on her stomach. Will get come omega 3 for her tomorrow for sure.

No vet, or anyone has ever suggested this omega 3, am very grateful to say the least.

Have a super day, and Lord Jesus bless you and your beautifu Mo (w) gli's.

Your support has meant the world to me!!

bijouandrocky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Food allergies could be the culprit, Rocky had terrible sores and plaques on his belly last year and we had to switch him over to Natural Balance LID grain free. I've heard that omega 3 helps, have never personally tried it though. Good luck!