Help Me Please :((

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I woke up in the morning to my cat squinting one eye. He still seems to do his everyday things (like play/eat), but he just won't open his eye.
When I take a closer look, there seems to be discharge coming out of his left eye. He's sometimes sneezing and rubbing his eye.
I would take him to a vet, but I don't know if they are open during the pandemic. (I live in Ontario)

Here's a picture:
IMG_20200521_083038.jpg

Thank you.

ladybellac17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he might be suffering of alergies .do call your vet at least and find out their protocol during pandemic. he might just need allergies meds. he is beautiful and handsome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he might be suffering of alergies .do call your vet at least and find out their protocol during pandemic. he might just need allergies meds. he is beautiful and handsome.
He seems to fully open his eyes now. I'm not sure if it's getting better? (because I don't think that eye infections can heal that quickly)
Maybe something got in his eye?
I searched online, and vets are still open in my region. Should I still go even if he seems way better?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know what you ended up doing, but since it pretty much cleared up, if you haven't done anything, I would just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get bad again, I would just leave it and figure he got something in his eye. Especially because I don't see any redness or discharge or anything else going on there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you ended up doing, but since it pretty much cleared up, if you haven't done anything, I would just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get bad again, I would just leave it and figure he got something in his eye. Especially because I don't see any redness or discharge or anything else going on there.
Yea, I ended up going to the vet just to be sure. They gave me some cream to put in his eye. Said it was just some kind of irritation.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for letting us know the outcome! I was getting worried as I started this thread, and LOVED hearing a happy ending!