Help me name this kitten.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And win... a... thing! LOL.

One of our clients brought in this little gray guy today. She is a local Police Officer, one of her officer buddies found this boy on his property and apparently put it on this woman's desk this morning. She's an animal lover so she brought him in to our clinic to have him checked out. She already has 3 cats, one specifically who has some neurological issues so she can't take on another. I was petting this little guy and he did some things that my other cat Pause, who passed away, used to do. I decided then that I would like to foster him [because I need another cat right?!], it's doubtful I will keep him, it depends how Napolean - my other cat - likes him.

Anyway, I need some name ideas! I want it to have to do with law enforcement somehow because I am way into law enforcement, and officers found him. They were thinking Misdemeanor but the kitten is for sure a boy, so I don't think that's a good one for him. The top names so far have been Trooper and Felony.

Other things that have been thrown out: Chip, Starsky, Bullet

Any ideas?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Are you sure it's a him?
i think i see a faint orange streak on the nose!
anyway, i like Trooper - but for a girl, Felony might be better... Trooper sounds 'masculine' to me.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to also say that I think I see a faint orange stripe on that very adorable kitten's nose. So, that he may actually be a she

As far as names, I think Starsky is cute. It could go for a male or a female. Of the names listed, I think that one is my favorite. Other names I think that are cute and relate to a police/law enforcement theme are: Barney (as in Barney Fife), Bolo (be on the lookout for) Chase, Copper, Holmes, Loo (affectionate term for lieutenant), Monk (as in the TV show), Sergeant, Sherlock, and Sweeney (from Sweeney Todd and the show that followed). I know there are WAY more names that we could come up with, but those are some cute ones that came to me relatively quickly.

No matter what you decide on as far as naming the kitten, just know how cute we all think he or she is
! I secretly hope your Napolean falls in love with the baby so that you can keep him or her. But, if not, hopefully the kitten can find a loving, forever home quickly (and who wouldn't want to adopt such a cutie?!) and without too much worry. Good luck to you and to the kitty -- and thank goodness the police decided the help that poor baby!

Please keep us updated on both how the kitty is doing and what the final decision for the name (and sex
) is. Oh, and more pictures are a must!

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beretta,
misdemeanor,
donut(everyone knows cops love donuts, lol),
Tazer,
Glock,
Ruger,
Badge,
I like Bolo,
Boss(referring to senior officers, captain lou, etc), Bus(ambulance), Hump(refers to rear end, like "look at the dent that hump put in my car), Perp, Bogey(Detective or police officer), Fink, Goon, hoosegow(jail), Pokey(once again jail),
screw(A prison guard),
tank (A jail or jail cell.),
bars: Insignia of Lieutenant; promotion to Lieutenant.
buzz: To display a badge, for some purpose,
Coyote - Some who smuggles (usually illegal immigrants) across the CS border.
deuce: Drunk driver,
Gargoyle: Someone whose job is gathering intelligence in the field, normally bedecked with surveillance gear.
Hall: Juvenile Hall (or Juvie),
heat:Firearm; police; problems; adverse attention.
hook: To arrest.

I think this is the best one for this kitty
Blank- An individual without identification history.

There is also(this refers to what cops are called across the world)

Babylon
Bacon
Bear(as in Smokey the Bear)
Berry
Bizzies
Bluebottle
Bobby
Bulls
Crusher
Dibble
Feds
Flatfoot
Flic
Fuzz
Mountie
Jake
Knickers
Law(or lawless)
Mr. Plod, or Plodder
Paco
Peeler
Pigs
Po-po or Po
Rasher
Rozzers
Scuffer
Smokey
Walloper

Hope some of these help I know I prolly gave you way too many.

Taryn

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

I'm going to also say that I think I see a faint orange stripe on that very adorable kitten's nose. So, that he may actually be a she
OK, I give - what does the orange stripe signify?

I actually really like Felony, although it does sound more girly. And if it is a boy, I like "Sig" (for Sig Sauer, which I seem to recall is a pretty commonly-used handgun manufacturer for law enforcement - could just be me watching too much TV though
).

Good call on the theme name, by the way - I love the whole naming process, gives you a chance to be so creative and have some fun. I hope you get to keep the little fuzzface, it's gorgeous!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the name suggestions everyone! I'll reply with a better response later - I'm running late for work.

I realize he has some orange which almost makes him look like he could go calico however, a vet has confirmed he's a male, so far his parts look male, but he's so small, he really could be a she.

OK, I give - what does the orange stripe signify?
Could be a calico marking, calicos only come in female, except for the rare, RARE, male calico.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been confirmed - definitely a boy!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He's so adorable. I was thinking Magnum. Clint Eastwood anyone, or am I aging myself? (remember Magnum Force?)

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

As far as names, I think Starsky is cute. It could go for a male or a female. Of the names listed, I think that one is my favorite. Other names I think that are cute and relate to a police/law enforcement theme are: Barney (as in Barney Fife), Bolo (be on the lookout for) Chase, Copper, Holmes, Loo (affectionate term for lieutenant), Monk (as in the TV show), Sergeant, Sherlock, and Sweeney (from Sweeney Todd and the show that followed). I know there are WAY more names that we could come up with, but those are some cute ones that came to me relatively quickly.

No matter what you decide on as far as naming the kitten, just know how cute we all think he or she is
! I secretly hope your Napolean falls in love with the baby so that you can keep him or her. But, if not, hopefully the kitten can find a loving, forever home quickly (and who wouldn't want to adopt such a cutie?!) and without too much worry. Good luck to you and to the kitty -- and thank goodness the police decided the help that poor baby!

Please keep us updated on both how the kitty is doing and what the final decision for the name (and sex
) is. Oh, and more pictures are a must!
Napolean is pretty bent about the whole thing... but I think as the kitten ages he might get over it. I'm hoping her gets over it :p

Taryn - thanks for all of the suggestions? I need to know his personality more... I agree I think Felony seems a little feminine as well. I'm just not really sure... I kind of like Trooper and Tazer... but like I said I just don't know what fits him yet.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And we have a winner - Remington!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like Ruger or Glock or Remmington. he's adorable

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At Attitude's first vet appointment I was told she was 'definitely male', uh unless male cats go into heat and need to be spayed because their brother wants to mount them I do believe I got myself a female.

I had put down she was female but the vet told me I was wrong that she was very definitely male. Well it turns out I was right and she was very definitely female.

Just wanted to say with a small cat even a vet can't always tell. Oh course Attitude has so much fur(she is a Maine Coon mix and has a Maine Coon coat) and doesn't exactly sit still to let you see whats back there while parting the hair so that could have made it harder to tell. All the others(all siblings of Attitude and Nuts) were easy their fur is short(DSH style) funny how genetics work. Half-tail's hair is a little longer than the others but it is still short and easy to tell she's female just looking at her rear while she's standing.

Not sure if Remmy has really long fur but if he does it could be a possibility that the vet didn't see right, but if you checked(I did and thought she was female but of course the vet said she was male) and saw all the right 'equipment' then you have a male. Attitude is better as a female anyways, she's too cute to be male.

Taryn

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a cutie!!! Kind of looks like Kenzie when we found her on the side of the road last June.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

For the record he definitely has his boy parts!