Help Me Name My New Kitten

Hdbocquin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Trying to decide on a name for my new little boy kitten. So far, I’ve thought of Scar, Calvin, Tommy, Cash, Haze, or Jasper, Picasso, and Apollo.

We also got him on May 4, so a Star Wars themed name would be suitable too. I thought about naming him Anakin or Luke Skywalker.

If you guys have any name ideas for Him, let me know please

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1F3AB80A-B455-419E-934D-3A5F57F91171.gif
Hdbocquin and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
78366873-C03E-40D9-8CB1-643DBAE10E3A.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

What a cute little kitten you have there :lovecat: :lovecat2: I’m really lousy in choosing names. Maybe some other members may be able to help you choose a nice name for your kitten. So :hangin: on for awhile.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Your new male kitten is absolutely precious. :lovecat3: Keeping with the Star Wars theme, how about Obi Wan Kenobi or Obi for short?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love names, so this is right up my alley. I have a Word document of names I like both for children and cats. Some names I can think of: Darwin, Templeton, Booker, Toulouse, Gizmo, Albert (I don't know why, but he looks like an Albert), Emmett. For Star Wars themed I'd go with Eisley, Falcon, or Wicket.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Margret. Cats DO choose their names. Give him a bit of time. Also, when you are both ready, try calling his some names. He'll respond to the one he chooses.

I was going to name Chocolate ""Souffle" but she was having none of it. The same with Peppermint, Coffee, and quite a few others. The only one she showed interest in was Chocolate. I tried it several times and she clearly preferred it.

Darwin let us know his name immediately.

Velcro, our happy-go-lucky little goofball with ADHD doesn't seem to care. However, he does respond to his name, so maybe he does like it.

Mephistopholes, Habanero, Feather, Two-Stroke, and Megabyte also chose their names.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitten! Lots of good names suggested here. Maybe in a few weeks he will let you know what his name is. You could try calling him some of the names you like and see if he responds to one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Jasper, Cash, and Anakin the best. They are different and sound cool. Walker is a cool name too, as in Luke Skywalker.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Your kitten is absolutely precious. :catlove:

I'm terrible deciding on names, but for some reason I like Scar. Also Anakin.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Margret Margret , too, in that he'll name himself. We had Banshee for about three weeks (and we were calling her Smudge) until she let us know.....loudly!....that her name was Banshee. (Actually one night, she was screaming bloody murder about something and our son said, "Mom, she's screaming like a Banshee!" And boom! There it was.)

Same with Mollipop. She came to us as a wee kitten from our vet; she had to stay there until she was eight weeks old, but I'd go down three times a week to spend time with her. I kept trying to call her Bastet, even though she was definitely not a Bastet. And then she let me know.....she was a Mollipop! (I was taking a load of laundry to the basement and singing, "Lollipop, lollipop" only it came out Mollipop. And there it was. Mollipop. I immediately called down to the vet and said, "Her name is Mollipop!")

Watch him and see what he's like. I also like the idea of talking to him, calling him some of the names that you like and see what he does and how he responds. Don't be surprised if something just comes to you out of the blue....that's what happens to us.

So hang in there. It takes time. And he's simply adorable!:hearthrob:

Last edited:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth, in my experience cats tend to name themselves. Give him a week or two for his personality to make itself apparent and you'll just know what his name is.

Margret
:yeah:

Sometimes we've just known what to name a cat from the get-go, and other times it took a week or two before it became obvious. Kinda like the cat version of "Don't call us, we'll call you." :wink:

We did almost name one of our cats Yoda, because he still had those huge kitten ears when we got him, and just looked like a Yoda. Guess it was a good thing we decided against it, because personality wise, he turned out to be more like Darth Vader. :lol:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely detested Star Wars. So I can't suggest anything there. I do agree with some of the others who have told you wait and the cat will let you know what his name is.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Margret Margret , too, in that he'll name himself. We had Banshee for about three weeks (and we were calling her Smudge) until she let us know.....loudly!....that her name was Banshee. (Actually one night, she was screaming bloody murder about something and our son said, "Mom, she's screaming like a Banshee!" And boom! There it was.)

Same with Mollipop. She came to us as a wee kitten from our vet; she had to stay there until she was eight weeks old, but I'd go down three times a week to spend time with her. I kept trying to call her Bastet, even though she was definitely not a Bastet. And then she let me know.....she was a Mollipop! (I was taking a load of laundry to the basement and singing, "Lollipop, lollipop" only it came out Mollipop. And there it was. Mollipop. I immediately called down to the vet and said, "Her name is Mollipop!")

Watch him and see what he's like. I also like the idea of talking to him, calling him some of the names that you like and see what he does and how he responds. Don't be surprised if something just comes to you out of the blue....that's what happens to us.

So hang in there. It takes time. And he's simply adorable!:hearthrob:
:yeah: It took almost 3 month before our girl let us know her name. She had roamed the neighborhood as a stray before she took over our home and our hearts so Gypsy was a good fit. We had tried may different ones.:hangin:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The names of my cats:
  • Sweet Thing :rbheart: Her name was obvious as soon as I met her.
  • Pretzel :rbheart: Pretzel had a nerve injury that gave her a permanent limp on her left front leg. When we got her she was named "Tres," as in "Numero Tres," apparently because the people who'd adopted and returned her considered her to be a 3-legged cat, and there was no way I was going to hang onto that name for her, but I didn't want to change it too much since she'd become accustomed to it. She was orange/brown with dark spots and stripes (looked a lot like an ocicat); cats tend to be very flexible; and after a few weeks the combination of color, flexibility, and similarity of sounds made "Pretzel" the obvious choice. Pretzel liked it.
  • Floppy :rbheart: Domestic medium hair, who came to us with the name of "Fluffy," which is a cliché, and sounds like something from a first-grade reader. However, she had an endearing habit of rolling over on her back to display her adorable belly and request belly rubs, which made the (again, similar-sounding) name of "Floppy" obvious. She definitely liked it.
  • Jasmine. When Jasmine came to us her name was "Taz," which seemed to be meaningless and just didn't feel right. Also, she didn't answer to it, so it really wasn't the right name for her. Again, we didn't want to change the sound of the name too much, but we were having trouble coming up with something good. And then one night when I was asleep, and cuddling her, Roger heard me talking to her in my sleep, and I called her "Jasmine." He told me as soon as I woke up, and we immediately knew that it was/is her name.
Margret