• Dulce - cece

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jezebel1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So first the back story- and I’m just going to be honest. I am a dancer and I got the kitten at the club I work at. A weirdo had a box of kittens in his car, said he needed to “dispose of them.” We made him bring them in and he said we couldn’t keep them because he had them to feed to his dog. We are pretty sure he stole them from a residence and their mama :,(. They were in good health but terrified. And only about a week old. Glad to say all the kittens went to good homes that day :). And the weirdo is not allowed back in the club. Anyway, I don’t know anything about cats so I’ll be here posting a lot. But I’m excited to have one and I’m planning on getting another. I’m stuck between naming her mynx or jezebel. I want a name that fits our story. Mynx means bold and shameless, and I was attracted to this kitten because she was really feisty and loud. Jezebel is a synonym. Mynx has a stronger meaning to me, but jezebel is just pretty. What does she look like? A mynx or a jezebel? Please let me know because I’ve had her for a while and still haven’t named her! It’s time for her to have a name. Planning on getting another kitty so they will be mynx and jezebel either way. Just not sure which one she is yet. Please please vote! I also love dulce and harlot but no one else did.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
What a pawsitively adorable little kitten. :catlove:

So glad she and her siblings ended up with a happy ending, after that horrible beginning. How old is she now?

About names, I think I like Minx/Mimi. :hearthrob:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-195282.jpg
Jezebel1 and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Welcome-Cat-Flowers-Animated-welcome_127.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a cute kitty you've got here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:
Thank you for taking her in and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and also getting the rest of the kittens to good homes :clapcat:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for helping to save the kittens! That man is a pile of sloppy poop. Week old kittens can be hard to care for, so, if you need any help, let us know!

I think she looks more like a Jezebel than a Mynx.

I love the book and the Hulu series "The Handmaid's Tale," and the name Jezebel reminds me of the main character June's best friend Moira who worked at Jezebel's under the name of Ruby. I also always give my cats middle names. If you consider giving her one, I would suggest Jezebel June or Jezebel Ruby. :)

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Thank-you so much for rescuing this kitten from a bad situation! She is a cutie!:redheartpump: I voted for Mynx, because she looks like a little minx.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:
I like Mynx or Mimi because that was the first one you mentioned, and it seems to fit her feisty strong personality. Jezebel puts me in the mind of a quiet thinker that's always one step ahead. It might be worth waiting a few more days and trying them out and seeing which name sticks.
She looks like a strong, healthy baby :hellocomputer:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Mynx or Dulce...Jezebel was a really evil lady in the bible and a Harlot is a prostitute I think?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Mynx or Dulce...Jezebel was a really evil lady in the bible and a Harlot is a prostitute I think?
The name and word have gone through a reclaiming because it is linked to racial stereotypes and was used to demoralize women, especially black or multi-racial women, and was used to excuse away white men raping black women. The stereotype evolved from the biblical character Jezebel, who was the wife of Ahab. She influenced him to worship Baal, a nature god, and had a reputation of being a seductress.

The Jezebel Stereotype - Anti-black Imagery - Jim Crow Museum - Ferris State University

Harlot is an archaic noun that used to mean prostitute, although it used to just mean a vagabond or wanderer, but has been used to shame women who (are assumed to) have had more than one sex partner. It too has been reclaimed, along with many other words that have been used to degrade women.

Mynx (or Minx) also has been used as a word to describe a so-called seductress, especially a young one. Usually, in movies, men who call women a "minx" are saying it to excuse away their own behavior. Occasionally, it has been used as a so-called term of endearment, but, given its meaning, they might as well be called a "tramp," or any other similar word. I have not heard or read of minx being reclaimed, but it is so rarely used these days.

Last edited: