Help Me Name My Fluffy Tuxedo Cat

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
right now we're leaning towards maverick or kaspar. Maverick I had at the tip of my tongue since we got him. my granddad watched all the westerns and I watched them with him probably four times over so I think I knew the western meaning subconsciously and it seems to fit him. lol. but we like cleverer names as a general rule. tiberius rex is either t rex or for captain james t kirk. andromeda is named after the goddess. meomoto is named after miymoto misashi for his double bladed polydactyle fighting style.

but I thought it might be fun to make it an interactive sport. lol. (but no guarantees we will go with anything from this thread. lol. it's all for fun)

I am pretty sure he's at least part norwegian forest cat. he's about a year old so his coat isn't finalized as they say nor is his size. but check out his profile vs this drawing of what a norwegian cat profile should look like. we will be doing a dna test.

here are some more nanny cam pics of him. he's still shy of us when we are actually down there with him.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is Austin, one of my very favorite literary cats. He belongs to a Keeper. He talks. He is snarky beyond belief, and every inch a cat. He looks a bit like your boy...the name might work.

Austin.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we are trying out maximus today. Shawn couldn't remember to call him maverick and I couldn't remember kaspar. we seriously did consider augustus but aggie would have been the short name and it's too female.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He'll let you know what he likes. Goodness knows Hekitty did, although her middle name was longer coming. She is Hekitty Renee. Or, as she prefers (for career purposes, she says, I say, WHAT career, and where's my RENT?) H. Renee.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
we are trying out maximus today. Shawn couldn't remember to call him maverick and I couldn't remember kaspar. we seriously did consider augustus but aggie would have been the short name and it's too female.
If you're still trying out names, maybe re-consider Augustus. The short name could be "Auggie", like the boy in the book "Wonder".

Whatever name he ends up with, your tuxedo boy is gorgeous. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we are on charlie chaplin now. charlie and chappy as names seem to be sticking. we've been on it three days now. for the official name I might move on to a roman equivalent so he doesn't feel left out. lol... we will see where it goes. haha. last night he played for the first time that we've seen and charlie chaplin seems more appropriate than ever. he's a big pile of roly poly clown kitteh.