Help Me Name My Blind Kitten

ihave4cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is going to understand when you say just the F iin her name perfectly fine. In fact, when my cats were kittens and when I was feeding them i´d take out the food and would always say Food while stressin the Foo like foooooooooood. After a very short time i noticed even when i just saod food they got excited. I actually thought this was because they heard the pantry where the food was open.
Shortly later, one day all of the cats were asleep in the tv room and i walked in there and they did not move. I was being silly and said F (pronounced like Fa) and they immediately all woke up, jumped up and started meowing. This is how i learned they all responded to only the F in food, even if they were asleep. For 10+ years, whenever i walk into a room and say Fa they all get excited.
I think Glora is a great name, and she will hear and understand the F perfectly well :)

tee-tee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hmmm, that mustache also resembles......another..........person........

Name him Freddie Mercury.

FlippinEh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm picking up my two bonded kittens from the rescue in a few days but think I want to change the name of the blind one. Currently, she's Flora. Her seeing-eye female buddy is Pixel (which is great, and since I'm a photographer, I took Pixel's name as a sign they were for me).

Flora is a fine name, but I'd like something with harder consonants to make it easier for her to hear me when I call her, and something with a little more spunk. She's a five month old calico and quite well adapted to having lost her eyes. She's playful but also likes to snuggle. Pixel just wants to play, play, play.

Here are Flora and Pixel (and check out Pixel's bizarre coat! What is orange with brindle patches called?)

For Flora, I thought of:

Bokie (like "bokeh," a photo term meaning out of focus, ha)
Chaplin (for the 'stache)
Scout (spunky girl in To Kill a Mockingbird)
Plucky (fits but I don't love the name)
Kahlo (lady-stache, but I'm not wild about her artwork)
Nikita (La Femme Nikita, but feels too exotic for this DHS)

Ideas? Opinions?
You could do Jinx,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FirstRescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wrote a post in the New Cats on the Block forum, if anyone would like to read the update. Thanks again for the all the inspiration on the name. She's a handful!

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm picking up my two bonded kittens from the rescue in a few days but think I want to change the name of the blind one. Currently, she's Flora. Her seeing-eye female buddy is Pixel (which is great, and since I'm a photographer, I took Pixel's name as a sign they were for me).

Flora is a fine name, but I'd like something with harder consonants to make it easier for her to hear me when I call her, and something with a little more spunk. She's a five month old calico and quite well adapted to having lost her eyes. She's playful but also likes to snuggle. Pixel just wants to play, play, play.

Here are Flora and Pixel (and check out Pixel's bizarre coat! What is orange with brindle patches called?)

For Flora, I thought of:

Bokie (like "bokeh," a photo term meaning out of focus, ha)
Chaplin (for the 'stache)
Scout (spunky girl in To Kill a Mockingbird)
Plucky (fits but I don't love the name)
Kahlo (lady-stache, but I'm not wild about her artwork)
Nikita (La Femme Nikita, but feels too exotic for this DHS)

Ideas? Opinions?
How about Helen for Helen Keller? I know Flora isn't deaf/blind, as Helen was, but it is a nice name.