Help Me Name My Blind Kitten

FirstRescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm picking up my two bonded kittens from the rescue in a few days but think I want to change the name of the blind one. Currently, she's Flora. Her seeing-eye female buddy is Pixel (which is great, and since I'm a photographer, I took Pixel's name as a sign they were for me).

Flora is a fine name, but I'd like something with harder consonants to make it easier for her to hear me when I call her, and something with a little more spunk. She's a five month old calico and quite well adapted to having lost her eyes. She's playful but also likes to snuggle. Pixel just wants to play, play, play.

Here are Flora and Pixel (and check out Pixel's bizarre coat! What is orange with brindle patches called?)

For Flora, I thought of:

Bokie (like "bokeh," a photo term meaning out of focus, ha)
Chaplin (for the 'stache)
Scout (spunky girl in To Kill a Mockingbird)
Plucky (fits but I don't love the name)
Kahlo (lady-stache, but I'm not wild about her artwork)
Nikita (La Femme Nikita, but feels too exotic for this DHS)

Ideas? Opinions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FirstRescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What happened to her eyes? You said she lost them, so she wasn't born that way. Pixel will be a great companion for her.
The woman who rescued her from the city pound said she had a gruesome eye infection in one eye. It spread to the other eye and neither one could be saved. I think she lost her eyes at about 3 months, so she's had two months to adapt and is doing great. Walked right up to me when I visited the rescue, almost like she could see.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These two kittens are so lucky to have found you. Like others, I'm perfectly fine with the name "Flora" but if I had to choose from the names on your list I'd choose Scout. My male gray tabby is named Atticus for Atticus Finch who was Scout's father!