Help me find out my cats breed

kimmore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I would really appreciate your guys'help in finding out my cats breed, I have always been curious about what my cats breed is but I never got to find out, and now that I found this website I thought that I should ask you all.
The first one (white) is Pixie she's 8 months old, I adopted her and the only thing i know about her parents is that her father is a snowshoe. As for the second cat (orange), his name is Finix, he's 1yo and he was a stray cat, i found him wounded so I saved him, so i don't know anything about his parents.
Thank you all.
received_2207157936148730.jpeg

received_738373557553531.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cats are very pretty! I am rotten with cats that are primarily white - so many variables. But, with neither having pedigree papers, they both will be considered domestic cats. Both look to be long haired, based on their tails being so fluffy. Both also have tabby markings, in terms of the 'M" on their foreheads. The orange (red) colored cat, Finix, looks to be a classic tabby with white, given what looks like the standard 'bullseye' on his side.

Someone else is going to have to come along and better define Pixie (sorry).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just to agree to the opinions above. Two stunning beautiful cats. If they are people friendly and likes to be handled, you should do well with them on a Cat Show, in the HouseHold Pet class... (ie domestic cats without known pedigree)

Pixie is a point, or what people often says, a "siamese-mix". Now it doesnt helps us much further, because the point gene is widely spread in the cat gene pool... As far as we know, both her parents may be moggies. And its not necessary they themselves are points... Ps. I notice you write dad was a "snowshoe". So father was a point; momma may be a pointed too, or a non pointed carrier...
Snowshoes are a rare breeed, so most probable, he was himself a look alike, ie a seal point and white.

She is whitish on the body, no trace of blackened skin, so a) she was probably always an inside only cat / lives in warm climate b) she isnt seal, so she is probably a blue.... (both parents must be carriers of the dilute gene) And if daddy wasnt a tabby / lynx, so momma must be...

So, domestic short hair, lynx blue point is my guess...
She may be white spotted somewhere but not visible on this photo... Because if daddy was white spotted, there is at least a 50% chance she got it too... Its a dominant gene, if she got it, she will have white spots-

ps. Her having some white on chin and at eyes isnt no true white spot, its just characteristics for her being a tabby...

ps2... Nice story with Finix... A pretty sure way to get yourself a friend and protector, both in this world and thereafter... Because his soul will protect you even when he is no longer here...

Last edited:

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Google has a neat feature called ‘Google Lens’ its an Al camera that claims to be 92% accurate with its results ( in reality it’s probably lower)
I uploaded screenshots of your babies and Pixies dominant feature came back as a Birman and Finix’s dominant feature came back as Main Coon.
40E51EEC-072D-4994-BCB6-59615BA685B8.jpeg
0F2F1332-88E4-447C-899D-7C60708C9802.jpeg

Im not sure how accurate it’s AI results are

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a Maine Coon at all because they look like this

And seem to have quite a triangular face
May have some ragdoll in it maybe? See below of a white one that's what's made me think it might be part ragdoll 😀

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Google has a neat feature called ‘Google Lens’ its an Al camera that claims to be 92% accurate with its results ( in reality it’s probably lower)
I uploaded screenshots of your babies and Pixies dominant feature came back as a Birman and Finix’s dominant feature came back as Main Coon.View attachment 443013View attachment 443014
Im not sure how accurate it’s AI results are
These AI camera apps are more likely to give color/pattern look-alikes than correct breed information, especially in cats. They should not be used to determine breed.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I would really appreciate your guys'help in finding out my cats breed, I have always been curious about what my cats breed is but I never got to find out, and now that I found this website I thought that I should ask you all.
The first one (white) is Pixie she's 8 months old, I adopted her and the only thing i know about her parents is that her father is a snowshoe. As for the second cat (orange), his name is Finix, he's 1yo and he was a stray cat, i found him wounded so I saved him, so i don't know anything about his parents.
Thank you all.View attachment 442968
View attachment 442970
Both gorgeous😻 that tail ❤ Girl looks like a domestic longhair Lynx point I would say seal because her face is dark enough. She looks like she could have some ragdoll or Siberian look a like. Beautiful orange boy looks like red domestic longhair classic tabby with white / bicolor to me with possible foresty cat there, lol