Help Me Find A Persian Like This!

fluffythebluepersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all, meet the loves of my life, Fluffy (blue male) and Olivia (shaded silver female). I am TOTALLY obsessed with Fluffy. I want another Persian as identical to him as possible. He's in lion cut in most of these photos but his full coat is a cottony triple coat.

He is a treasure from the Louisiana Craigslist, I don't know who bred him.

I'm having such a hard time finding a dollface persian, preferably blue. Looks like the trend is moving to the more extreme face like Olivia. I strongly prefer the dollface.

Please tell me if you know of a breeder who produces babies who look like my precious Fluffy!

P1210570.JPG P1210582.JPG P1220057.JPG P1220054.JPG P1220055.JPG
DSC_0000028.jpg
20190111_161714.jpg
P1220008.JPG
P1220012.JPG
P1210792.JPG

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If anyone can shed some light on this it would be posiepurrs posiepurrs . I don't think she is actively showing and breeding at the moment but, she may know someone she can refer you to. Hopefully she'll be along soon and can chime in.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want my advice, stay away from breeders who deliberately breed for the so called doll faced Persians - they typically are back yard breeders who are not really interested in the quality care that the cats deserve. Breeders who show have pet quality kittens in almost every litter, so I would start there. They do the genetic testing and don't over breed so the cats are healthier. I am not trying to be a snob. When I got my first cats, they came from back yard breeders and we had so many health issues (one being PKD - which is an incurable painful kidney disease). Having a specific color in mind does make it a bit more challenging. I don't know anyone who specializes in blue Persians. It is a difficult color to work with. Your boy is handsome! Persians are the BEST!!!! Good luck finding a new baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fluffythebluepersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might want to look at British longhair cats if you can’t find the one you have been looking for. There look is somewhat similar.
I have not heard of the British Longhair, after googling I'm happy you told me, I really like them! Not identical to my boy but very close

fluffythebluepersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you want my advice, stay away from breeders who deliberately breed for the so called doll faced Persians - they typically are back yard breeders who are not really interested in the quality care that the cats deserve. Breeders who show have pet quality kittens in almost every litter, so I would start there. They do the genetic testing and don't over breed so the cats are healthier. I am not trying to be a snob. When I got my first cats, they came from back yard breeders and we had so many health issues (one being PKD - which is an incurable painful kidney disease). Having a specific color in mind does make it a bit more challenging. I don't know anyone who specializes in blue Persians. It is a difficult color to work with. Your boy is handsome! Persians are the BEST!!!! Good luck finding a new baby.
Thank you for replying! I need to test him for PKD for sure. I do wish the show ring were more open to the traditional persian. My girl Olivia (in the bottom 2 photos) is the standard "punch face" and she definitely is less hardy than my boy and has breathing issues. Although she's the one who came from a great breeder and I do know she is PKD and all genetic disease negative.

In a google search I only see 1 main breeder for the traditional, you probably know who it is, they are very pricey lol. Well, my search continues

fluffythebluepersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He really is gorgeous! I don't know any doll faced Persian breeders personally, but I totally understand why you would want to find another like him. He reminds me of the Persians of the 1930s and 1940s. Here is a gallery of historical blue Persian pictures that you might enjoy. The History Project: Gallery: Angora/Longhair/Persian: Blue
Oh I love that link, I love the look of kitties from that time! A shame over breeding is happening now