Help me find a dry food?

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow feline lovers!
My two girls (5 and 7) have decided they don't like their dry food and I'm having trouble finding a replacement that is decent. They were on Hills Indoor Adult until they started not eating it. I just got a bag of Natural Balance LI Duck which they love but...it makes me nervous that the first ingredient is peas.

Before I list the ones I've tried, I'll add, they currently get about 2.5 oz of Weruva Chicken Frick a Zee wet a day. They get 3 meals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bah! It posted before I had finished!
They get 3 meals a day. 2 dry, 1 wet. I can't afford to do all wet plus I want a dry food in the automatic timed feeder so I don't get paws in the eye at 3am.
I've tried:
Instinct Raw with Freeze Dried - They loved. I just went thru it too quickly
Wellness Grain Free Salmon - they refused to touch

It seems to be a trend with them - they'll love a food for a few months and then after I'm halfway thru the 15 lb bag they go "Meh!"

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many dried food out there now that is all meat, or mostly anyway. Just get several and see how long they like them, keep them though, after they go to another they may eat the previous one again after a while. I give all my rejects to the outside cats, at least they appreciate them!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I give mine Purina Pro Plan Sensitive with Turkey and Oatmeal. I feel like the ingredients are good. It's one of the few dry food I've found that doesn't have fish as an ingredient, and it doesn't make my Evie throw up (she has a reaction to chicken). It's also ridiculously high in calories, so cats don't need very much- mine get 1/8 cup when I feed it. I feed it in the afternoons on weekdays, and a 5.5lb bag lasts months.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you girls are that picky about dry food, it's really hard to recommend anything. I say just keep looking, and as Di and Bob suggested, maybe save what they once liked and try it again on them later. My cats will be like that with canned, like it one day, then hate it, than love it again later. BUT, you might want to save it for later in the freezer so it doesn't go bad. Nothing like stale cat food :frown: