Help me figure out a solution to my cat's constipation

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laroo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting your situation. I am in a similar predicament and am spending myself into debt with little answers. I noticed my cats potassium is low as per the bloodwork so I may try the Renal K plus. In my experience with a previous cat with kidney disease, I got more help from the support groups/forums than the vets. I only used them for diagnostics and emergencies. My cat is straining a lot and wearing himself out in the process but has passed tiny poos; for a almost 20lb male cat that's not a lot. I'm stumped too...glad I see your cat pooped. I hope mine does soon.
Hoping your cat gets relief soon! This site Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat (felinecrf.org) has a lot of good information that you might find helpful, and there is a support group associated with it too. I had a better experience there as well. What have you tried for your cat so far?

KSRS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hoping your cat gets relief soon! This site Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat (felinecrf.org) has a lot of good information that you might find helpful, and there is a support group associated with it too. I had a better experience there as well. What have you tried for your cat so far?
Thanks. I joined the megacolon group also and my old CKD group membership was still active. I will definitely use their info for constipation. Rocky is at the ER getting cleaned out and fluids. He needs a fresh start and I will restart miralax (increased) when he returns with cisapride probably. I have his diet pretty well managed I think (learned the hard way) but he also has allergies that sometimes exacerbate his constipation. Weird. I'm feeling better about things but will be glad when he's home!